Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Uh Oh, I take back my answer...this morning, when I turned on Hot Spot on my Verizon phone, I got the message:

--------------------------------
    "No Sharing Service"
    Sharing an internet connection requires an addition to your mobile service plan. Contact your carrier for help"

I'm following up with them later today...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I just got my pre last week on Verizon and the mobile hotspot was free... in fact that was one of the selling points for me because on the android devices you have to pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post
    Uh Oh, I take back my answer...this morning, when I turned on Hot Spot on my Verizon phone, I got the message:

"No Sharing Service"
    Sharing an internet connection requires an addition to your mobile service plan. Contact your carrier for help"

I'm following up with them later today...
    re-start your phone and try again. it is automatically added to your service at no charge, so it just had a hiccup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    re-start your phone and try again. it is automatically added to your service at no charge, so it just had a hiccup.
    Agreed. My VZW Pre+ came with MHS pre-installed and in the launcher, though I've never used it.

Just now tried it out to see if it works, and had no problems. Fired it up (there was a message stating that you needed a data package or something), set up a pass phrase, then connected with my netbook.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=mapenn;2664215]Uh Oh, I take back my answer...this morning, when I turned on Hot Spot on my Verizon phone, I got the message:

"No Sharing Service"

I've gotten that before too. Closing and restarting MHS will normally clear it.

But back to the OP. MHS on Verizon is free, for up to 5GB, but there is still a charge for the data plan with the Pre+, I think that is what the OP was questioning. I pay $29 monthly for unlimited, but I think Verizon no longer offers this plan anymore.
    It's working here in NC.
    Quote Originally Posted by shmutt1980 View Post
    It is still free, but up to 5 GB/month, so MAKE SURE she checks her usage from time to time! she will get charged if she goes over the 5GB limit.
    yeah...I found that out the hard way, and my bill was $57 higher!
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I don't think anyone has explitly mentioned this in this thread but *you must have a data plan already* I think this confuses people. If you have a data plan there is no *additional* charge to use mobile hot spot.

- Phil -
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan_md View Post
    yeah...I found that out the hard way, and my bill was $57 higher!
    Mine was $200 higher. Customer service can only reduce the bill by 50% so I have get it straightened out at the store where I got the phone to reduce the bill since they never explained the 5GB limit.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12