1.    #1  
    i'm starting to think this is a hardware issue, since the problems with the Verizon Palm Pre keyboard have long been well documented, yet Palm or Verizon have failed to deliver a fix. While typing on a Verizon Pre it constantly misses keystrokes. I am forced to always go back and retype stuff with a deliberate hard press of some keys. I have also had a Sprint Pre which did not suffer from this problem.

Anyways, I'm curious if this is fixed or at least greatly improved with the 1.4.5 webOS update. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I think they did tweak it a little more. It's still not great, IMO, but maybe a little better. With 1.4.1, I never got the double letters as I did with 1.3.X, but it often missed letters in the middle of the keyboard. With 1.4.5, I have gotten the double-letter effect a couple of times, but "dfghjk" all seem to be a little more responsive, though I still have to press them very firmly.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I got a refurb from VZW after taking my original to them because the kb was messed up. The refurb has performed flawlessly. I'd say it's definitely a hardware issue.
    The issue was addressed with webOS update 1.4.1.1
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The issue was addressed with webOS update 1.4.1.1
    Not for everyone. I was supposed to send in my phone by the 13th of this month (RMA for keyboard and other issues)...but I couldn't afford to. Now the time is up and i'm a sad panda.
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    Not for everyone. I was supposed to send in my phone by the 13th of this month (RMA for keyboard and other issues)...but I couldn't afford to. Now the time is up and i'm a sad panda.
    It won't fix any underlining hardware issues, which sounds like may have been your issue..
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    i'm starting to think this is a hardware issue, since the problems with the Verizon Palm Pre keyboard have long been well documented, yet Palm or Verizon have failed to deliver a fix. While typing on a Verizon Pre it constantly misses keystrokes. I am forced to always go back and retype stuff with a deliberate hard press of some keys. I have also had a Sprint Pre which did not suffer from this problem.

Anyways, I'm curious if this is fixed or at least greatly improved with the 1.4.5 webOS update. Thanks.
    My Verizon/Bell Pre Plus with Bell Doctor has no issues with the keyboard.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    My Verizon/Bell Pre Plus with Bell Doctor has no issues with the keyboard.
    My Verizon/Sprint Pre Plus with Sprint Doctor has no issues with the keyboard.
    yep, 3rd pre, awaited the long anticipated, ohh heavenly and powerful 1.4.5, and no improvement on the keyboard. Actually didn't notice any improvements what so ever, just more apps available.

VZW pre plus (nothing plus about it)
    Quote Originally Posted by shmutt1980 View Post
    VZW pre plus (nothing plus about it)
    You haven't used the original Pre did you...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You haven't used the original Pre did you...
    My co-worker has it with sprint, I have messed around on it. Seems his keyboard doesn't miss or add any xtra beats. (or block gps function for that matter)