1.    #1  
    so I just finished making a sprint pre plus. I have webos 1.4.5 installed but I cannot see or download any of the new pdk apps such as angry birds. So I guess somewhere in the whole setup something still says 1.4.1? If anyone has any clue how the app store checks my os version so I can fix this it would be much appreciated.
    I've got the same problem. Went into the app catalog and searched for Angry Birds...to no avail.
    Guys, I had the same problem using a Pre Plus on Verizon.

To fix it, I did a soft reset (Press the Option, Sym and R keys simultaneously). Doing the reset corrected the issue, now to my Angry Birds :-)
    kyocera 6035 > Samsung i500 > Treo 600 > Treo650 > Treo755p > Palm Pre Plus
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy4vws View Post
    Guys, I had the same problem using a Pre Plus on Verizon.

To fix it, I did a soft reset (Press the Option, Sym and R keys simultaneously). Doing the reset corrected the issue, now to my Angry Birds :-)
    will try that. Thanks for the tip.
  5.    #5  
    Nope. Didn't fix it.
  6.    #6  
    Decided to be an intelligent person and try to find the answer to my question in the big pre conversion post. According to that I need to downgrade the phone to 1.4.1.1 and then upgrade it over the air to 1.4.5. Will update on how that works after done.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    grrr.. I am having the same problem!! the soft reset did not help me at all!! I did the original upgrade over the air!
    help!!!
  8.    #8  
    Yep. That fixed it. I downgraded back the the version of the OS that my brother had on his original pre before the operation and then I upgraded the Pre plus over the air to 1.4.5. I loaded up the app store and the very first app in the store was angry birds! amazing.

tngirly are you running a stock pre? Are you running a Stock pre plus or are you running some form of a hybrid machine?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    i think it is a stock pre. i bought it from Verizon and have only added apps and patches- no major adjustments.
    i am pretty sure I upgraded "over the air" through the updates app...

so frustrated!
  10.    #10  
    you are running OS 1.4.5? You're welcome to do what I did. Download the OS that was out prior to 1.4.5 from webos internals Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals and then doctor your phone down to that OS. after that click on the update button to put yourself back to 1.4.5 and hopefully that'll fix things. Good luck.
    is there another way? It's too taxing to doctor down!

Edit: it was an app cataog glitch... Mine is showing now as 1.4.5! I 8an see angry birds
    Last edited by johnj2803; 09/14/2010 at 10:38 PM.
  12.    #12  
    lol how 8an I tell that you typed your message on a palm pre and pressed the alt key instead of the caps key by mistake. Lol
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    weird fix for me- I went into the updates app- connected, it said that my phone WAS updated and doing that must have finally communicated with the appcatalog which now allows me to access PDK apps.
  14.    #14  
    cool. When I tried that my phone just kept saying I had app updates available when I didn't.