1.    #1  
    I had to get a new Pre since I dropped and cracked the screen on my old Pre. Ever since I am unable to download new apps or updates to any of the current apps. After webOS 1.4.5 came out, many of the current apps need updates as they are showing just a yellow yield sign on them in my Launcher menu. When i click on the application icon, it takes me to the App Catalog to download the update for it. When I try to download the update it says "Download Error, there was a problem downloading the application." I then click the "Try again" button and it then comes back and says "The action could not be completed. Try again later." I have sprint and my connection says EV and I get all bars lit up. I've tried this in several locations and I get email and can surf the internet just fine. Why am I unable to download these updates?

Plus, my pandora app is working terribly, it hardly ever plays any music, it just sits there and keeps trying to download/stream like there is no internet connection.

I've also had intermittent problems with the GPS functionality although a reboot usually helps that out at least temporarily.

I've tried running the tests in the device info area but all of them check out. I am runing webOS 1.4.5 and have 6.5GB available memory. I've tried rebooting a number of times. I don't have any themes or patches installed. I've never tried doing any of that... I've also never tried running webOS doctor, should that be my next step? Any other thoughts on how to debug this and get it working? These refurbished phones suck...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredtacular View Post
    I had to get a new Pre since I dropped and cracked the screen on my old Pre. Ever since I am unable to download new apps or updates to any of the current apps. After webOS 1.4.5 came out, many of the current apps need updates as they are showing just a yellow yield sign on them in my Launcher menu. When i click on the application icon, it takes me to the App Catalog to download the update for it. When I try to download the update it says "Download Error, there was a problem downloading the application." I then click the "Try again" button and it then comes back and says "The action could not be completed. Try again later." I have sprint and my connection says EV and I get all bars lit up. I've tried this in several locations and I get email and can surf the internet just fine. Why am I unable to download these updates?

Plus, my pandora app is working terribly, it hardly ever plays any music, it just sits there and keeps trying to download/stream like there is no internet connection.

I've also had intermittent problems with the GPS functionality although a reboot usually helps that out at least temporarily.

I've tried running the tests in the device info area but all of them check out. I am runing webOS 1.4.5 and have 6.5GB available memory. I've tried rebooting a number of times. I don't have any themes or patches installed. I've never tried doing any of that... I've also never tried running webOS doctor, should that be my next step? Any other thoughts on how to debug this and get it working? These refurbished phones suck...
    I suspect you have this problem, can you confirm that?
    Since you have never used patches, I suspect that you will not be comfortable with the solution in post 5 of that thread, unless you have internalz?

The other solution would be to do a partial erase. But if you are having other problems then maybe you should just use the doctor to start fresh.

Pip
  3.    #3  
    Ah, okay, yup, that is exactly the problem I'm having. Thanks for the reply, I guess I can now do some additional searching on "ghost apps" to see what people are doing to fix, I just couldn't find anything in any search words I could think of...so thanks for that!

No, I probably wouldn't be real comfortable right now with doing the solution #5 listed in the thread you posted...I'm just not sure how to bring up a terminal window on my pre...assuming I'd have to root it to do this??

Is a partial erase you suggested going to device info and clicking erase apps and data and then re-booting? i guess I could try that... Does that mean I then have to re-install all my apps and somehow restore data from a backup? Again, I'm a noob so I can do more research on that as well since I have some more options to search for...I know its probably annoying answering the same questions over and over...

Thanks for the reply again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredtacular View Post
    Ah, okay, yup, that is exactly the problem I'm having. Thanks for the reply, I guess I can now do some additional searching on "ghost apps" to see what people are doing to fix, I just couldn't find anything in any search words I could think of...so thanks for that!

No, I probably wouldn't be real comfortable right now with doing the solution #5 listed in the thread you posted...I'm just not sure how to bring up a terminal window on my pre...assuming I'd have to root it to do this??

Is a partial erase you suggested going to device info and clicking erase apps and data and then re-booting? i guess I could try that... Does that mean I then have to re-install all my apps and somehow restore data from a backup? Again, I'm a noob so I can do more research on that as well since I have some more options to search for...I know its probably annoying answering the same questions over and over...

Thanks for the reply again!
    Palm's developer tools will allow you access to a command window, but if you have never used them then there would be no point in messing right now.
    I know you don't patch or theme but do you use any homebrew? If you did then you could either use Internalz or Terminal to accomplish post 5.

Yes that is right about the partial erase, it is under device info. After doing it the phone will reboot and you will need to resign into your palm profile. Your apps should automatically redownload but any app data will be lost. There is the app Save/Restore that will allow you to back up and restore app data, but this is a homebrew app.

No your fine, your willing to help yourself by searching for better answers so fire away if you have more questions.

Pip