1.    #1  
    Hello webOS users,

I know the story of HP and new devices incoming over the next 12 months but I can't help feeling like a new phone won't be released for a while. I miss Palm and the Pre Plus fixed my main issues with the original Pre.

Would you recommend I get a Pre Plus (new from ebay) now and have a handful of months with it and it's games or should I wait it out for the new hardware?

Also the warranty would only be through Palm so is it worth risking the hassle of having to mail my phone away or have most of you found the Plus is pretty solid?
    I was actually thinking about buying a palm off ebay also. The only two things that make me a little reluctant are the bad battery and the hardware issues (especially the slider).

Is the Pre Plus and improvement in hardware over the Pre (Sprint) ??
    I have Sprint pre (launch day) and it is somewhat wobbly etc but I still have it. A coworker of mine just ogt a Verizon Pre Plus and that thing is built solid...no oreo, no mussy feeling, no wiggle...just a tank feel.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    You must be seeing them in a place I can't look, I don't see any "cheap" ones when I search for used palm pre plus.
    if they are cheap enough, I'd grab one to you can enjoy webOD now and have your upgrade available in a few months. It's addictive.
    I found some Palm Pre Plus phones on ebay brand new for $200. There were also some used ones from $100-$180. I guess it depends on your definition of "cheap".

If any of you have bought a phone off ebay...did it work out for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by omniwolf1 View Post
    I found some Palm Pre Plus phones on ebay brand new for $200. There were also some used ones from $100-$180. I guess it depends on your definition of "cheap".

If any of you have bought a phone off ebay...did it work out for you?
    i bought a couple of nextel phones off of ebay and it worked out okay for me. the esn's were good and price was decent
    Motorola i95cl> i733> i760> i860> i880> ic902> Palm Pre> HTC EVO4G> atrix 4g> unlocked gsm pre 2
    Be sure you contact the seller and ask for the ESN BEFORE you buy it to make sure it is clean with the carrier. Otherwise yer stuck with a PDA only.
    DO NOT DO! VZW has purposely disabled aGPS functionality on all webOS devices. This renders all GPS applications (save the Navigation App, which costs $10 month) useless. Who wants that kind of headache?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    You could always get the Pre Plus then swap the comm boards with a Sprint Pre and make yourself a Sprint Pre Plus hehe. But I think most folks would be reluctant to try that.
    In Cincinnati where I live, you can pick up a Verizon Palm Pre Plus for $100 on Craigslist. Advantage is you can try the device out before you buy it, and ensure a clean ESN by meeting at a Verizon store for the transaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetmom88 View Post
    In Cincinnati where I live, you can pick up a Verizon Palm Pre Plus for $100 on Craigslist. Advantage is you can try the device out before you buy it, and ensure a clean ESN by meeting at a Verizon store for the transaction.
    I like using craigslist for this very reason you can test the phone out and make sure the esn is clear before you buy