1.    #1  
    Hello,

Wondering if anyone can assist - is the 1.4.5 OTA firmware for the AT&T Palm Pre Plus a staged rollout (ie not all devices get it straight away)?

Reason being, I am doing a manual update check and my phone which I am using on Telstra (and WiFi) here in Australia is saying I'm up-to-date with 1.4.2

Any tips?

Thanks,
    Shane.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    You can go to palm's website and doctor your phone to 1.4.5.
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gutbomb View Post
    You can go to palm's website and doctor your phone to 1.4.5.
    If you doctor it do you have to log into your Palm account again?
    That could be a problem for some who have no edge or 3G connection then.
    Quote Originally Posted by shanelord View Post
    Reason being, I am doing a manual update check and my phone which I am using on Telstra (and WiFi) here in Australia is saying I'm up-to-date with 1.4.2
    Same problem but I'm in Mexico and using it with Telcel... I don't have data plan, just been checking trough wifi and it says that I'm up to date with 1.4.2.

When you activated your phone, was it with AT&T or with a Telstra SIM?

I activated mine with a Telcel SIM and I suppose that may be the problem.

If after one week I still have the 1.4.2 I will doctor my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by shanelord View Post
    Hello,

Wondering if anyone can assist - is the 1.4.5 OTA firmware for the AT&T Palm Pre Plus a staged rollout (ie not all devices get it straight away)?

Any tips?

Thanks,
    Shane.
    Hi Shane, my AT&T Pre Plus on Telstra picked up the update when I clicked on check for updates. I had my phone activated before being sent (if that makes a difference).
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Spakler View Post
    Hi Shane, my AT&T Pre Plus on Telstra picked up the update when I clicked on check for updates. I had my phone activated before being sent (if that makes a difference).
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    More and more unofficial AT&T model users are reporting this.
    Update to 145 requires profile login. Hope it's not used to restrict access to updates, same as with the App Catalog.
    yeap... I think that's the difference between getting the update and not...

also regarding the ap catalog I don't have the US app catalog... I suppose I have the Mexican one... But it's not the full app catalog...

oh well, for the update I guess I will have to doctor ir... For the app catalog, well it is not THAT important to me... I still have preware and THAT it is really important to me...

is there a way to know which app catalog someone has??? Or the total number of apps???

I know I don't have the US app catalog because I don't have all the new apps precentral shows daily, just some...
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    If you know for sure your Pre was activated in the US the very first time, you could try creating an entirely new profile using English>US language settings.

None are guarantee though. It's all trial&error.
    El dichoso AppCat está hecho un asco.
    Yeap, I will check with the guy that sold me the pre if he activated it for the first time in the US... but I guess not... on a different subject I thought that a pre was not able to be unlocked without a prior activation, oh well...

What I did when I got it is that I put a Telcel SIM and the pre asked me for activation, so I activated it with English>US settings... nonetheless I guess the "problem" is due to the activation with Telcel instead of doing it with AT&T...

Y si, está hecho un asco... tienes buen español...
    WOW! After i had read this post I checked again my Palm webOS Update and 1.4.5 was there available for download! Installed fine.
    I'm using an unlocked AT&T, US activated with Oi in Brazil.
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    WOW! After i had read this post I checked again my Palm webOS Update and 1.4.5 was there available for download! Installed fine.
    I'm using an unlocked AT&T, US activated with Oi in Brazil.
    By US activated I assume you mean that it was activated prior sending it to you right?

And good for you and your up to date pre ...
    Quote Originally Posted by chav1to View Post
    By US activated I assume you mean that it was activated prior sending it to you right?

And good for you and your up to date pre ...
    YES!
    Telstra Pre got 1.4.5 already