1.    #1  
    Hi there,

Does anyone have an idea of how to stop the background services or app that keep using to GPRS/EDGE network and resulting in heavy network traffic(burn money in other words)?

I've stopped the function of the Backup/Google Map/email account/other IMs app/etc, which I know for sure will be generating network traffic. However, it still doesn't work.... And now, I have to turn the "Data Usage" (GPRS and EDGE) off,which made another trouble -- fail to receive multimedia SMS..

Is there a checklist thing that I can follow to turn all unnecessary Apps/Service off ? Any idea will be appreciated! Thanks!

For toubleshooting, I've done the following:

1.Turned off Palm Profile Backup
    2.Closed GPS
    3.Deleted all email & IM account.
    4.Shut down Data network (GPRS/EDGE here)
    5. not running Preware、 App shop 、weather subscription like app or other feed...
    6. To be added..
    Last edited by byron.ma; 09/14/2010 at 02:59 AM.
    Have you tried turning off data, location services and email checking?

I'm wondering if the jstop app from Preware would help? It shows what's running.

I believe any type of profile back-ups would also have to be turned off, such as the Palm Profile.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Have you check your data usage with att? Just because the EDGE/GPRS Icon is lit up doesn't mean you using a ton of data....
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Have you tried turning off data, location services and email checking?

I'm wondering if the jstop app from Preware would help? It shows what's running.

I believe any type of profile back-ups would also have to be turned off, such as the Palm Profile.
    Tried to use Jstop, but it's only showing general info (like Phone \Launcher\Calendar\etc),which doesn't tell which one is generating the network traffic..
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Have you check your data usage with att? Just because the EDGE/GPRS Icon is lit up doesn't mean you using a ton of data....
    Yes I did, and also compared the figure with what I read from Netstat app installed on my Palm Pre, almost the same number...
    Last edited by byron.ma; 09/15/2010 at 10:59 AM.