1.    #1  
    First of all I'd like to say what a great site this is, barely started using it and I love how comprehensive and straight forward it is. Recently I bought a Palm Pre, that has been flashed to Cricket service. I've been trying to use WebOS to install homebrew apps but I've come across several problems. First:

Whenever I try to download/install a theme from the Themer section, it tells me, Unable to connect to URL: prethemer......

Second, when I download and install apps like Music Remix or LED Torch for example I am unable to locate them on the phone. They just don't show up. I get no error messages, and under device manager I can see that they are infact installed. I have tried resetting the phone, putting it in and out of developer mode with no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I look foward to joining the community.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    for the led torch did you just install the service? Or the app?

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    HI iPirate and Welcome to the P|C forums!

First.. for the issue of the PreThemer error: make sure you have that feed turned on in the Preware Preferences (Preferences/Manage Feeds) as the theme feeds are turned off by default.

As for the Second... at first I thought you were talking about an issue with apps from the App Catalog (which you won't get on Cricket)... but as far as installing homebrew apps and not having them show I'm not sure about that one. What webOS version are you currently running on Cricket? The Torch needs another service to run... but the music app should work I would think.
    Battery pull has nothing to do with the issue.. he's getting an actual error BEFORE installing.
    also there are two files neccesary to download patches, diffstat and lsdiff, im not sure if they are required for themes, also shot in the dark did you enable developer mode?
    OP is probably running webOS 1.3.1 or 1.3.5. Preware requires 1.4.0.

If the apps are showing up in Device Manager but not in your Launcher, they most likely require a newer version of webOS. I'm not sure if you can update without breaking the flash.