1. Pun
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    So if I use my sprint pre as a hotspot to stream the football game tonight on a laptop, will that put up a red flag to sprint. Any idea how much data will that take up?
    Sprint doesn't limit smartphone data, so you should be fine. But, there's only one way to find out...
    btw, how are you streaming the game?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  3. Pun
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I was gonna stream it thru channelsurfing.net, unfortunately I didn't even get to try becuz I forgot to bring my laptop with me to work
    Hm, I'll have the check that out. Thanks for the tip!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Pun View Post
    So if I use my sprint pre as a hotspot to stream the football game tonight on a laptop, will that put up a red flag to sprint. Any idea how much data will that take up?
    I believe there is a 5GB limit per month. If you are not paying for the tethering service red flags come up and Sprint could kick you off their network for going over that limit. At least that's what a Sprint guy told me who works on the data side.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I believe there is a 5GB limit per month. If you are not paying for the tethering service red flags come up and Sprint could kick you off their network for going over that limit. At least that's what a Sprint guy told me who works on the data side.
    Yeah. Usually in situations where you've got "unlimited" usage, there's still a soft cap (5GB is popular). Where if you go over it by a signifigant amount (or go over it a lot) you end up bringing attention to your account (probably end up on a big report somewhere) and increase your likelihood of your usage getting reviewed.

And if you're doing something you're not supposed to be doing (tethering, for example) which shows up in the review, you might find yourself without phone service.

Pretty much all carriers do this as a way of making sure their network runs smoothly.You know, it's like...speeding. Go with the flow of traffic and you're less likely to get singled out. Drive by a speed trap at 120mph you bet you're going to get pulled over

If you keep it to a reasonable level and don't download like...20GB of data per month for several months in a row, you should be ok.