1.    #1  
    The "No Auto-Off While Charging" has been stuck on my VZW Pre Plus for some time now. I've done everything I can think to do to get it off, short of doctoring. I've never doctored my phone. Frankly, it sounds like a royal pain getting everything back the way I want it. I've run Emergency Patch Recovery, and the patch is still in there and stuck. If I try to update it, I get an IPKG error. If I try to remove it, I get the same error. Interestingly, I tried to run Emergency File Verification, but I an IPKG error on that one too.

I really want to get this patch out of my phone before updating to 1.4.5. Any ideas? Do I need to doctor? Any tips for if I have to do it?

Here's the IPKG error log when I try to remove the patch:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-no-auto-off-while-charging.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Last edited by smmullen; 09/13/2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: added log
    Thanks for this post - I just checked and managed to remove the patch from my Palm Pre Plus. Since my removal was successful I am afraid that I won’t be of much help, but thanks for reminding me that that is one of the patches that need to be removed before 1.4.5 drops.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  3.    #3  
    Happy to help, not-yet-pre

Anyone have any suggestions about my patch problem? Do I have to doctor?
    The only thing I could suggest is http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html It might take some time, but it's probably the best bet before doctoring.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    The only thing I could suggest is http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html It might take some time, but it's probably the best bet before doctoring.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it.
  6.    #6  
    Damn ... that didn't fix it.
  7. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I thought Jason fixed this so it was OTA safe.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I thought Jason fixed this so it was OTA safe.
    Dunno. It's still on this list.
  9.    #9  
    Since there haven't been any further suggestions, I guess I'll just wait until 1.4.5 is out for VZW, and run the doctor right before I update. Ugh.
    Try the second part of this post:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ta-update.html
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Tried that. Emergency File Verification won't install for me. I'm trying to doctor right now, but not having a good time with it.
  12.    #12  
    Well, I *tried* doctoring, but the bloody thing kept telling me the USB cord had come out despite the fact that I didn't touch anything. So, just for kicks I updated to 1.4.5 and updated all of my patches. The "No Auto-Off While Charging" patch is stil lin there, and is still stuck, but everything else appears to be working just fine. Guess I'll live with the stuck patch for now, as it doesn't appear to be giving me any trouble.