Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Getting this message over and over and over again. Ugh.

Searching the forum, seems it's happened periodically, but I have not seen any real solutions. Any new suggestions?
    If I were having this problem, I'd be on the phone with Sprint, not posting in forums. Just my opinion.
    I have had a couple times recently where after being on wifi, my EVDO doesn't reconnect. Java restart seams to be fixing it, haven't spent enough time trying to figure out what exactly is doing it, because to this point I have only noticed it a couple times.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Been on the phone with Sprint (4 times, 45-60 each time), thanks.

No luck. I think they're the ones that caused the error, since it (coincidentally?!?) started happening while I was on the phone with them! Only made things worse.

Want to check everywhere I can for a solution. But FWIW, I think the forum is collectively smarter.
    Well, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I hope you find a solution soon.
    I would walk into a sprint repair center and not leave until I had a working phone.
    Did Sprint have you update the network settings and PRL?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I've had that problem way too often. Updating network settings doesn't even fix the issue by itself. If you have your MSL code. Press ##3282# then press menu, then restore > type code in then press ok. When signal bars return.. then update network settings.

Note: If that doesn't work, then you're not receiving a strong network connection where you are. Sprint might be able to help you out on that.
    The OP has already stated that Sprint was unable to help.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    The OP has already stated that Sprint was unable to help.
    I'm just letting the OP know what had work for me. If there is a serious network connection with any sprint customers, then the only way to fix that problem is by getting a second or third level techie. The Op has to insist on getting this issue resolve by calling sprint technical department.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem with verizon...
    I've spent a few hours on the phone with their tech support. only to have them say
    "well, I guess it's just an error in the phone, we'll ship you a new one out"

I don't want a new one.. I want them to fix the issues!
    ugh
    Verizon is really wearing me down
    “We are stronger than we think we are. We have courage that we do not recognize until we need it. We are equal to challenges that we haven't even imagined yet.”
    Quote Originally Posted by mhill0823 View Post
    I'm having the same problem with verizon...
    I've spent a few hours on the phone with their tech support. only to have them say
    "well, I guess it's just an error in the phone, we'll ship you a new one out"

I don't want a new one.. I want them to fix the issues!
    ugh
    Verizon is really wearing me down
    I believe sometimes these techs haven't have a clue to what is really causing these problems. I guess they're as human as we are. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I've had that problem way too often. Updating network settings doesn't even fix the issue by itself. If you have your MSL code. Press ##3282# then press menu, then restore > type code in then press ok. When signal bars return.. then update network settings.

Note: If that doesn't work, then you're not receiving a strong network connection where you are. Sprint might be able to help you out on that.
    Just had the same problem yesterday.
    I fixed it with....

##786##
    Msl# and hit RESET. What's the difference?

it was some kind of reverse logistics thingymojig. A friend of mine told me how to do it. He call tech support and made sure he went up to level 3, (his words) and got my MSL#, and wam! Fixed it. I was previously on the phone w/ Sprint for 45 minutes arguing w/ them about what to do, becuz I couldn't log my Palm account in w/ out service... They kept telling me to do things when the phone was asking for a password (first run app thing)...
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Couldn't update network settings nor PRL... 'a data connection could not be established.' f'ing weird I tell you, 'cause I have 3-4 bars, and can make/receive calls. !

Yeah, I thought long and hard about going in and wasting half a day in a repair store to get a new phone. I still swear it's not my Pre, it's Sprint, but at least I'd have a fully working phone. Only problem is I don't really have that kind of time (couple hrs) all at one time when they're open. In the end just might have to take a vacation day to get my phone back.

Will probably Dr again and go a little slower to see if I can't pinpoint where I'm getting jammed up.

mhill0823 - I feel your pain, believe me. Don't feel bad tho, it ain't just vz.

RUSH is right, gotta get past entry level.

Thanks all. Amazingly, I don't feel as bad knowing others are in the same boat.
    Just had the same problem yesterday.
    I fixed it with....

##786##
    Msl# and hit RESET. What's the difference?

(The difference is ##786# does a complete reset of the device, wiping everything clean, and you have to log back into your palm profile.)

(##3836# update the setting hybird rev A.)(Resetting radio) phones searches for internet connection.

Cheers.~