Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ive been having a serious problem since last wednesday...
    i usually leave data off and my battery lasts about 2 days...now it's been lasting less than 12 hrs. ive been trying all different things and realized its not the software but most likely the hardware.

i have determined this because i went to sleep last night at 11pm and the battery was at 91%. I put the phone in AIRPLANE mode and turned the screen off..when i woke up at 8 today i have 48%!!

lost 43% with no radio, no gps, and no data on...something is obviously messed up. i am running 1.4.1 and installed uberkernal about 1 month ago.

before i go to verizon i would like to know some suggestions from you guys...any help is appreciated

(and if i go to verizon, how do i uninstall kernal? and should i update to 1.4.5 first)
    Please look into the Dr. Battery program as it should help you.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  3.    #3  
    i highly doubt that will help... considering i have 3 different batteries that are all dealing with the same issue. in other words, it isnt the battery, its the phone draining the battery
    Actually it still could be the batteries depending on your charging practices... your batteries could be damaged.. 2 of mine were

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  5.    #5  
    my charging practices involve a charging cradle and charging from 0 to 100%...i never unplug until fully charged...
    sounds like something is eating it up. Tried running JsTop via preware and see if anyting looks odd. I do auto garbage collect and it helps a lil. How often to you do a reset on the phone?
  7.    #7  
    i restart the phone everytime the battery gets to 5%. (about every day or every other day) i dont like leaving my phone plugged into a wall so i have a cradle that charges batteries independently. when one battery dies, i shut down the phone, swap the battery and put the dead one back on the cradle.

as far as jSTop, i have systemui, phone, messaging, launcher, calendar, email, contacts....with 16.82MB load. i currently have no apps open (everything swiped away)
    jeez that's better than mine! Data, gps, is turned off right? What settings are you using in uber?
    Time to visit webOS doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Time to visit webOS doctor.
    yea, before you go crying to verizon you should try the doctor and/or jason's recovery tool. I know you think it's hardware but you're all patched and kerneled up. See what happens with a clean slate, first.
    think going to the doc once or twive a year is a good way to clean out any uneeded crap? Or to fix issuses you may not see? Either way I still what to know what settings in govnah are.
  12.    #12  
    i actually uninstalled kernel and govnah cause i was gonna go to verizon..so im back on the stock pre kernel again...

if i choose to doctor, is there a way to back everything up including layout, settings, patches added, paid/free apps, etc?
    the only reason im against doctoring is because it will take DAYS to get everything back to the way it was....
  13.    #13  
    im trying to run dr. battery but it wont let me calibrate:

volt: 4.1 , Curr: -138, temp: 25, capa. 1060.6

can anyone tell me why my Voltage is running way over the 3.4 needed to calibrate?
    Quote Originally Posted by oren217 View Post

can anyone tell me why my Voltage is running way over the 3.4 needed to calibrate?
    I suggest pressing the "i" icon in the upper right within calibrate tab and read. If you're at 4.1 volts you probably have nearly a full charge. To calibrate your battery, it needs to be closer to dead.

Before doctoring you can use Preware's "Save Package List" feature. And download the webos-internals app "Save/Restore"

Good luck
    calibration will not start until voltage dips that low in other words. So when your battery gets low go back to the calibrate screen and wait patiently ready to throw it on the charger. It will prompt you to plug it in to charge it about 15 seconds (give or take a few) before the phone shuts down...
    i restart the phone everytime the battery gets to 5%. (about every day or every other day) i dont like leaving my phone plugged into a wall so i have a cradle that charges batteries independently. when one battery dies, i shut down the phone, swap the battery and put the dead one back on the cradle.

as far as jSTop, i have systemui, phone, messaging, launcher, calendar, email, contacts....with 16.82MB load. i currently have no apps open (everything swiped away)

Just to give you a heads up, this is not proper operation of a Li Ion battery. If you are doing this with all 3 batteries it is possible you have damaged the batteries (and/or the recalibration will help). As someone else said, Dr. Battery will tell you how to operate the calibration.

2 of mine were reading that(or very close) and when I went to Verizon they told me the batteries were swollen and bad.

18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Just to give you a heads up, this is not proper operation of a Li Ion battery. If you are doing this with all 3 batteries it is possible you have damaged the batteries (and/or the recalibration will help). As someone else said, Dr. Battery will tell you how to operate the calibration.
    why isnt this proper operation? isnt it better to let the battery drain to ~0 before recharging? i heard that recharging intermittently is worse for a battery's life...
    Not true for Li Ion, this is true for previous battery technologies.

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

"A lithium-ion battery provides 300-500 discharge/charge cycles. The battery prefers a partial rather than a full discharge. Frequent full discharges should be avoided when possible. Instead, charge the battery more often or use a larger battery. There is no concern of memory when applying unscheduled charges."
  20.    #20  
    wow i cant believe i didnt know that about lithium batteries..ive been doin the "full drain before recharge" for the last 15 years since the nickel cadium days...that explains why ive spent fortunes on laptop and phone batteries over the last decade...
    what's funny is i'm usually so anal about it too lol...usually i cringe when i plug in a battery that has, say 30% life left...hahah thanks for the info..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast