Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Help,help,please!! My Pre fell in the water, but i was quick to get in out. Now,it's not working.I tried & removed most of the water out,i think,by blowing hand-dryer hot air into it,but not to close to the dryer.Now,my Pre still doesn't bootup or showing any sign of life. INSURANCE will not cover it ,anywayone knows a better solution to get my Pre to work again.HELP,HELP,HELP!!
    Hopefully you didnt try to turn it back on...seems like you did. Because most of the time, when you try to power it back on, you totally make it worse. Pretty much, stick it in a bag of rice for a day or 2.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    do not turn it on! Go to a store and get some rice, take off the back and bury it in the rice for a day..... It works.
  4.    #4  
    Yes,i did.But i had no idea what to do.I'm a power user,but not a homebrewer or techguy.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber4444 View Post
    Help,help,please!! My Pre fell in the water, but i was quick to get in out. Now,it's not working.I tried & removed most of the water out,i think,by blowing hand-dryer hot air into it,but not to close to the dryer.Now,my Pre still doesn't bootup or showing any sign of life. INSURANCE will not cover it ,anywayone knows a better solution to get my Pre to work again.HELP,HELP,HELP!!
    This has happened to me before. Do not blow dry. Take the battery out, do not try to turn phone on. Get a large bag of dry, white rice and completely bury the phone with the battery door REMOVED, inside the rice. Let it sit in the sun inside the bag of rice for a day. The rice absorbs all the moisture. Replace battery and enjoy your bone dry Pre!
    Luck might be on your side. But pretty much, thats the rule for any electronic device that falls into water. Dont turn it back on. Just take the battery out. Dry it as much as your can and then stick it in a bag of rice. Then you get a new battery because your old one is most likely dead or almost dead and gone (in an event that your phone works).

If you try all the above solution and nothing work, return the phone to be repair or replace ~ don't call your insurance yet. Sometime you might get lucky to have it replace. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    If you try all the above solution and none works, return the phone to be repair or replace ~ don't call your insurance yet. Sometime you might get lucky to have it replace. Good luck.
    I wont jinx you. But i got an infraction for making a comment like that lol.

But what insurance do you have?

I have the Sprint TEP and it covers water damage, as well as anything else.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I'm not telling the OP to commit fraud, I'm telling them to return the phone and see if the phone could be fix or replace. Thanks for the heads up Jason, but I'm within forum rules. ^_^
    I'm not telling the OP to commit fraud, I'm telling them to return the phone and see if the phone could be fix or replace.
    How do they fix water damaged phones? They don't replace them either, if they know about it, at least they aren't supposed to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    How do they fix water damaged phones? They don't replace them either, if they know about it, at least they aren't supposed to.
    Only in the world of impossibilities > there lies possibilities. ^_^
    Only in the world of impossibilities > there lies possibilities. ^_^
    Not always true....Jessica Biel still hasn't called me back.
    I've gotten a phone call from Elvis Presley. mg
    I've gotten a phone call from Elvis Presley. mg
    Assurian will replace a water damaged device if you have the insurance offered by AT&T . They'll replace a device that's been crushed into a zillion tiny pieces too ( i returned all of them as required).

They'll even replace a device that's sitting in 500 feet of water at the bottom of the sea and cannot be retrieved. It's covered by the lost/stolen clause.

I only know this because I've had a device replaced under each of these circumstances. The $125 deductable hurts but not as much as paying full price to replace a Pre.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Assurian will replace a water damaged device if you have the insurance offered by AT&T .
    Asurion is great. I had a launch day pre that developed a crack by the USB door and made it's way to the edge of the screen. They sent me a brand new (not refurbished) Pre 2 days later.
    TopTongueBarry ~ The $125 deductable hurts but not as much as paying full price to replace a Pre.

(Rush's Response)
    I'm with sprint, and the deductable is $100. :-D=-@
    Yeah, I have my 15 year-old son on my plan, he's generally very good with his phones and very careful, but it is hard to predict what one of his friends might do, or if someone may steal his phone or something, so I have the full Sprint TEP from Asurion.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    That's because she's at my house.
    usually when delicate electronics are submerged they are toast dude. Common sense. Put it in a bag of rice for a week it's a shot in the dark if you don't wanna fork out the deductable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast