Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pres are pretty cheap on eBay now a days. TBH I don't think insurance is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bends View Post
    Pres are pretty cheap on eBay now a days. TBH I don't think insurance is worth it.
    Insurance is about $84 a year. The deductable on a Pre is $100-$125. If you go through just one phone every year, you're saving money. The Pre is known for having horrible build quality. Most won't even last a year.

TBH it seems silly to me to NOT have insurance on a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Insurance is about $84 a year. The deductable on a Pre is $100-$125. If you go through just one phone every year, you're saving money. The Pre is known for having horrible build quality. Most won't even last a year.

TBH it seems silly to me to NOT have insurance on a Pre.
    I'm not understanding your post. Based on your numbers, the replacement would cost a total of $184 which I just paid by the way because I dropped my phone in the pool after diving in to save a loved one.

If I didn't have insurance in my case and just purchased a replacement from ebay, then it would have cost me about $110-125 est (savings ~ $50-70). Oh, and by the way, I paid all that money and Assurion sent me a refurb so I don't see where getting insurance (hindsight) is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    I'm not understanding your post. Based on your numbers, the replacement would cost a total of $184 which I just paid by the way because I dropped my phone in the pool after diving in to save a loved one.

If I didn't have insurance in my case and just purchased a replacement from ebay, then it would have cost me about $110-125 est (savings ~ $50-70). Oh, and by the way, I paid all that money and Assurion sent me a refurb so I don't see where getting insurance (hindsight) is worth it.

Sorry, what I meant was TEP is $84 a year and regular insurance is $48 a year. TEP has NO decuctable, while the regular has a $100-$125 deductable. If you use TEP once per year, you're saving money. Regular insurace is a rip-off IMHO. Not having any at all is a gamble, if you keep the phone for 2 years, you win. If not, well...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12