Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I've noticed recently that the gesture area light is staying on while I'm on the home screen with no applications open or notifications. Is there a fix for this?
    Do you have any type of screen protector on the phone? Just a long shot but I used to get moisture under my screen protector.

Have you tried turning the phone off and turning back on?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I've had the light stay on while the screen was off and a couple times while it was on, but turning the screen on and off took care of it.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I've tried restarting and powering the screen off and on, but it still occurs. Sometimes it will go off when closing certain apps.

I did replace the screen protector yesterday, however it only covers the screen and not the gesture area.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpalm View Post
    I've noticed recently that the gesture area light is staying on while I'm on the home screen with no applications open or notifications. Is there a fix for this?
    A small glitch < fix > Hard reset(Batt Pull)
    mine does this all the time all i have to do is tap the gesture are and goes right out
    run the repair utility on your phone , and if that does not work return it for a new device.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    run the repair utility on your phone , and if that does not work return it for a new device.
    Where do I get the repair utility? Return the phone? Seriously? It's a minor issue that hardly warrants a new phone.
    Mine does this as well at times. Tapping the gesture area usually clears it for me.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpalm View Post
    Where do I get the repair utility? Return the phone? Seriously? It's a minor issue that hardly warrants a new phone.
    well if you rely on that button/light to alert you to messages, it might be warranted.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie