Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I'm running UK at 1Ghz and I've tested recently the video feature.
    There is a 4-5sec lag before the video kicks in, when I view a film either on my computer or Pre. In other words, when I press Play, the voice starts at the proper mark, but the video is frozen for few seconds... then it starts. The video is not synced with the voice, as it should.

Anyone else have this issue? I was sure this was due because the lack of proc power, but at 1Ghz it should work fine... Let me know if you have the same video issue.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    I've experience the same issue while playing back videos and taken pics, even though Palm had send out a fix for the pic lag. I guess that's just the way it is. I'm sure HP|Palm are aware of most of these issues. I usually just run a webos doctor for the lag, and the unknown.
    Yup happens to me too
    it's a phone. For perfect video I use my video cam. It takes awesome videos, but lacks in the phone area. Now, palm could make a phone with an awesome video camera, but I doubt very many people are in the market for a 1000 dollar phone
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    it's a phone. For perfect video I use my video cam. It takes awesome videos, but lacks in the phone area. Now, palm could make a phone with an awesome video camera, but I doubt very many people are in the market for a 1000 dollar phone
    Do you carry your video cam everywhere you go? Do you plan and decide when you are going to shoot video and what subject matter ?

The OP never stated he wanted perfection in shooting video, I also had a problem with the video recorder when it didn't sync the audio with the video.

Now quit with the idiotic response "it's a phone".
    answer is yes to all your ?s... And it is a phone first and foremost.... Btw I consider your post idiotic...
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    You really carry your camcorder with you at all times?

I'm impressed!
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    The perfect example: You relax outside and you see some hot chick... you pull the phone and start filming her derriere... then she trips and falls really bad because she is walking like a snob, knowing all guys are checking her out. Priceless.

I never carry a camera, while I'm at work. But I take many shots with my phone and I would love to be able to upload cool videos to YouTube, from my phone.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Here we go again ............. T3CK:happens to me too once in awhile, sometimes it's off, other times it's bang on. Can't figure out any rhyme or reason to it either, I've tried O/Cing, Stock Palm Kernel, doesn't seem to matter, just seems to happen.

I see we're quickly getting into the old debate regarding "If you want a video camera, why don't you buy a video camera."

After the last heated discussion (re: look back to something to the effect of music player & photography), it's ALREADY getting old.

Personally I don't carry around these items:
    camera
    vid camera
    translator
    game boy
    calculator
    map book
    clock
    flashlight
    service bell
    buzzer
    newspaper
    calendar
    portable sign(configurable to whatever I want it to say)
    mp3 player
    photo album
    laptop

I got me a phone with all of that built in. I do hope that one day they get it figured out and all of this stuff will run as it's supposed to, but for what I had to pay for it( a signature on a 3 year contract) I'm more or less happy with it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I can predict when my phone is going to lag in video. Like the past 2 days my friend and I went to a local skate spot and I decided to take a few quick clips for facebook. Every video I took of him was buttery smooth and 90% of mine were super laggy.

This makes me hate my Pre+ even more because I'm starting to miss my LG dare because it worked when it needed too.