1. P
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hi,

My Palm Pre has recently developed a data error. I get intermittent data blackouts that have lasted up to 18 hours. When I ran the diagonostic tests on the phone it said the problem code is 20 (modem). Yesterday, I called Sprint, I followed all of their directions and within a short while, they completely disabled my phone! I went from having an intermittent data issue to having a phone that would no longer activate. (After 6 1/2 hours dealing with Sprint and getting nowhere - they did suggest I buy another phone since my Pre was now inoperable, thanks to them.) I gave up.

Later on, I removed the battery one more time, waited, re-inserted the battery and the power supply cord, the phone re-activated. Everything worked fine until today. The data error has re-occured. If I use my home wireless network, I can access data services on my Pre.

What can I do to solve this issue? I cannot deal with Sprint; they obviously do not know what they are doing.

Thanks!!
  2. P
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Thanks for the information! I really appreciate your help. I will try this and let you know what happens.
    If Sprint borked my phone, I guarantee they'd be replacing it and not telling me to buy a new one!

Anyway, there have been several posts recently where someone's modem has gone bad, this may be your issue and it does require repair or replacement.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4. P
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    This is definitely a data problem, something stopping your phone from getting a full data connection. Updating network settings doesn't seem to work for you. Right? So Press ##3836# and then press save. Phone will then search for signal. Then you can update network settings, and see how that work out for you.

Good Luck.
    Rush,

Thank you for your advice. It took about 12 hours before I was even able to get a data signal that allowed me to update network settings. Once I was able to do the update, I followed your directions. I have now had my data for about 36 hours! Once again, thank you very much for helping me! You rock.
  5. P
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    If Sprint borked my phone, I guarantee they'd be replacing it and not telling me to buy a new one!

Anyway, there have been several posts recently where someone's modem has gone bad, this may be your issue and it does require repair or replacement.
    Thanks for your feedback, verwon. Sprint has a lot to answer for and I am not done with them.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I had this problem on my Treo with Sprint for awhile almost a year ago. When I called, they gave me a #code to enter and that solved it permanently. Problem solved in minutes. Its a shame your issue wasn't solved this quickly.