1.    #1  
    I'm on the road a lot and it's critical that I'm able to use my phone hands free. This feature used to work GREAT! and the fact that I didn't have to purchase additional hardware and connect something else in my truck made it ever better. But, for some reason, it no longer works and I suspect that something either changed in the WebOS or perhaps, its the type of cable I use now.

Using a standard stereo audio cable, I could connect my phone to the auxillary port on my car radio. I could conduct a full function speaker phone call that way. I could hear my caller loud and clear from my truck speakers and the mic on my phone picked up my voice. But, for some reason, the mic on my phone is no longer active and they can't hear me now. It seems as if the mic is disabled when I plug in the audio cable now. Now, I have to switch the phone to Speaker phone, connect my bluetooth headset or just pick up the phone and use normal call mode in my hand.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Quote Originally Posted by thecraftsman View Post
    I'm on the road a lot and it's critical that I'm able to use my phone hands free. This feature used to work GREAT! and the fact that I didn't have to purchase additional hardware and connect something else in my truck made it ever better. But, for some reason, it no longer works and I suspect that something either changed in the WebOS or perhaps, its the type of cable I use now.

Using a standard stereo audio cable, I could connect my phone to the auxillary port on my car radio. I could conduct a full function speaker phone call that way. I could hear my caller loud and clear from my truck speakers and the mic on my phone picked up my voice. But, for some reason, the mic on my phone is no longer active and they can't hear me now. It seems as if the mic is disabled when I plug in the audio cable now. Now, I have to switch the phone to Speaker phone, connect my bluetooth headset or just pick up the phone and use normal call mode in my hand.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    pretty much...the phone is in headset mode. When you get the call, just answer it and at the bottom left corner of the call screen, you can switch it to speakerphone mode. I do it all the time.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  3.    #3  
    I've tried all modes, including speakerphone mode and for some reason, the mic still does not work and my caller can't hear me until I either switch to the headset or remove the audio cable. Things like this make me want a Droid...
    If you think a "droid" will fix all your problems, then you should get the phone if it suits your needs. My phone works fine when i use it with my car speakers, so either your phone has an issue or you're the issue.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191