1.    #1  
    My phone all of a sudden rebootet itself, when it came back on eveything besides the factory pre settings, contact and calendar was missing... Preware, photos, music, is all gone...

My phone has been overclocked for about 5 months lately running uberkernel, with 1ghz. I just updated to the new govnah today.

does anyone have any idea why this happened or have anyone tried anything similar??

Thanks
    Rune
    Not sure, but since the Govnah update, which I did yesterday, I've been getting the TMC error and I have NEVER gotten it on my phone, before.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    What version os Govnah is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    What version os Govnah is that?
    Should be version 0.6.8, I saw it last night and didn't do the update because the changelog said that it only added a French translation.
    Last edited by vza33; 09/11/2010 at 06:35 PM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Was it a refurb pre?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I removed a few other patches I had installed and haven't gotten the TMC error, again, so I'm thinking it was one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I removed a few other patches I had installed and haven't gotten the TMC error, again, so I'm thinking it was one of them.
    Which patches? If you don't mind me asking.

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Which patches? If you don't mind me asking.
    I'd put in 2, right after I updated Govnah, one was the one that lets you have more bookmarks on the first browser page and the other was to let you share links in messaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I'd put in 2, right after I updated Govnah, one was the one that lets you have more bookmarks on the first browser page and the other was to let you share links in messaging.
    I was just curious. I haven't had TMC for a while, so I'm pretty sure the Change Number of Bookmarks on Startpage patch is ok, I've had it for a while. I've never installed the other one though.

what carrier are you on? If on sprint are you running MHS? Palm/Sprint have the ability to remote delete your phone if they feel you are doing something 'fishy'. Like using MHS on a the phone that was not released for it (Sprint Pre). Only way I can figure that they may believe you are using MHS is by very high data usage. That's why everyone says watch your usage so not to 'flag' your account. Anyway just my opinion....and I do know of someone who had there phone deleted after Sprint sent them three text to watch and a voice mail because she kept going over +8gigs a month. She had MHS and used it with her netbook.....all the time.
  11.    #11  
    I live in Europe, Denmark, and over here phone companies are not allowed to do anything remote to your phone, so that's not. And it sounds troubeling to me if US phone Compabies are allowed to do this.
    my patches are still there, however they show as not installed, and when I instal them throug preware the text " interestingly, the patch already seems to be applied" shows up. Nice touch by the way :-)
    the email was open and I was listening to a piece of music, when it just rebooted and deleted all photos, apps, music and general info like scores, patches applied etc. Contacts and calendar were untouched..
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    what carrier are you on? If on sprint are you running MHS? Palm/Sprint have the ability to remote delete your phone if they feel you are doing something 'fishy'.

and I do know of someone who had there phone deleted after Sprint sent them three text to watch and a voice mail because she kept going over +8gigs a month. She had MHS and used it with her netbook.....all the time.
    It sounds like you mean "account deleted" which makes more sense than Sprint remotely wiping the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Runej View Post
    My phone all of a sudden rebootet itself, when it came back on eveything besides the factory pre settings, contact and calendar was missing... Preware, photos, music, is all gone...

My phone has been overclocked for about 5 months lately running uberkernel, with 1ghz. I just updated to the new govnah today.

does anyone have any idea why this happened or have anyone tried anything similar??

Thanks
    Rune
    It is not palm, it is napalm!
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I was just curious. I haven't had TMC for a while, so I'm pretty sure the Change Number of Bookmarks on Startpage patch is ok, I've had it for a while. I've never installed the other one though.
    I uninstalled the bookmarks one, still got the TMC error, but haven't gotten it since deleting the other one, so I think you're right.