1.    #1  
    I know there are a few cloud storage apps, but can you stream a movie/video that you've uploaded to your acc't with any of them?

Thanks!
    Ampache does, I believe.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    Cool, I'll check it out. Thanks!
    I have used zumodrive. Ampache is tough to set up.
    it's not cloud storage, but I use Orb to stream media from my media server @ home to my pre. Works pretty well and its easy to set up.
    How were you able to get ORB to work? I used to stream from my home computer with my old Samsung Instinct without a problem under Opera Mini but have been extremely frustrated that I couldn't get this to work with my Pre.
    When I try to login, I get an "unable to load page" error from the pre's browser. I have always assumed that this was an issue with not having FLASH enabled and have been waiting for an update.
    Ampache Mobile is not a simple setup but it's benefits are worth it, IMO. It works very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    Ampache Mobile is not a simple setup but it's benefits are worth it, IMO. It works very well.
    Keep in mind that Ampache (the server kit, not Ampache Mobile) only supports the m4v video format for streaming in combination with the Pre. The Ampache server can stream more video formats, but m4v is the only one that the Pre can use. Keep that in mind, so you don't set it up and realize you need to Handbrake your video library.
    I've also been able to get media via Orb, including live streaming tv, from my desktop. Btw, I think there is a thread someplace about configuring Orb to use the right 3GP codec (for video) that the Pre can play.
    Quote Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
    How were you able to get ORB to work? I used to stream from my home computer with my old Samsung Instinct without a problem under Opera Mini but have been extremely frustrated that I couldn't get this to work with my Pre.
    When I try to login, I get an "unable to load page" error from the pre's browser. I have always assumed that this was an issue with not having FLASH enabled and have been waiting for an update.
    Not sure why you're getting that error as I haven't seen it myself. Make sure you're just going to "mycast.orb.com" and not a more specific url. That way Orb should be able to detect your browser properly. I don't believe that Orb ever uses flash at all, unless youre trying to stream a video and you select FLV as your output video codec in the settings. The main interface itself is all non-flash if I'm correct.

The only other thing I can think of quickly is to make sure you can still login and use orb from a laptop or something. If not, then you'd probably be looking at some kind of router or firewall issue, but that seems highly unlikely especially if you weren't having problems before.
    Speaking of Orb...if some dev out there could even make an app for Orb, since it already has a web based interface, that would be killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by donbrown92 View Post
    Anyways any cool hacks for the palm pre? like making it faster?
    Definitely. Install the Preware homebrew app catalog, then use it to download UberKernel and Govnah. To put it simple, Uberkernel will double the speed of your phone CPU to 1Ghz, and Govnah is the app that you use to control Uberkernel. If you're not using it then you've been missing out big time.

Search around the forum and you'll see threads about setting up and customizing everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by donbrown92 View Post
    Anyways any cool hacks for the palm pre? like making it faster?
    Don't feed the trolls
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    Don't feed the trolls
    True.
    i use ampache and it works great. Orb works but u cant pause or scroll through the movie like u can in ampache. Its not that hard to setup. the wiki instructions are pretty easy to follow.