Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hey guys.
    So I just bought the Palm Pre Plus from Verizon a couple days ago (I got a upgrade) and I LOVE IT. It's absolutely hands down the best OS I've ever seen on a phone. It's amazing. I have a couple questions though. The first question I have is what can I do to sync my contacts w/outlook? I don't want to buy a $40 program either. I figured out calendar syncing by just creating a google account and syncing google calendar with my outlook on my computer. So that way when I put something in my phone (which I have connected with my google account) it will then sync up to outlook on my computer (which is even better then having to plug my phone in my computer and sync up that way). I can't see how to do that with my contacts though, I know google has contacts but I can't get them to sync with outlook. Am I missing something? Is there a easier way to do it?
    Alright I hope that wasn't too confusing, either way I still love the Pre and am VERY happy I went that instead of the Droid (plus it was free out the door! AND free mobile hotspot!!!)
    Welcome to PreCentral and the world of webOS. This may help with what you are seeking: Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    You'll love it even more when you discover the world outside what the phone shows you.

Overclocking, patches, and themes will open your phone up a whole lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Yeah I got the calendar figured out, I was wondering about syncing my outlook contacts with google... Thanks though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newerabs View Post
    Yeah I got the calendar figured out, I was wondering about syncing my outlook contacts with google... Thanks though!
    Are your outlook contacts on Microsoft Exchange?
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hey Jakeee, I wanted to ask another question but it won't let me post in the homebrew forum? Anyways I did download Preware but I'm wondering what are some of the "must have" homebrew apps? Is there one that will give me better battery life (Just kidding, but seriously is there?) What are the homebrew apps I just have to have to make my phone run better? I saw someone had more then 3 screens on their launcher what's that app?
    Open the contacts app and hit "contacts" in the upper left hand corner to bring up the drop down box. select preferences and accounts. scroll down to default accounts and change the setting from palm profile to exchange. Then hit sync now at the bottom of that same screen. Thats it!
    Hey Jakeee, I wanted to ask another question but it won't let me post in the homebrew forum? Anyways I did download Preware but I'm wondering what are some of the "must have" homebrew apps? Is there one that will give me better battery life (Just kidding, but seriously is there?) What are the homebrew apps I just have to have to make my phone run better? I saw someone had more then 3 screens on their launcher what's that app?
    Okay so check it out, there are like apps, which are applications on your phone that do stuff, then there are patches, which modify existing apps or features on the phone.

Search(by either looking in patches, or just typing in the main preware scene) for:
    • Ad Blocker
    • Advanced Configuration for App Launcher
    • Advanced Reset Options
    • Capture with volume keys(camera)
    • Close on Hangup(phone)
    • Default to Month view
    • GestureClick Context menu
    • Glass effect ..sometimes
    • Multi mod
    • Open to alarm list
    • PDF Redux
    • Quick USB Dashboard
    • Really Silent Ringer Switch(has saved my *** so many times)
    • Reduce Drag Radius 8px(or 10 or 15px, 8 is my favorite)
    • Reduce Minimum brightness
    • Reset Scroll Position
    • Reset to First page
    • Show download count(app catalog)
    • SMS Icon for mobile tagged numbers only
    • Standby times deluxe(15 seconds is perfect)
    • System menu mods v1(with the settings of Device, WiFi, Data)
    • Unset CFQ IO Scheduler(if you're using warthog kernel)
    • unthrottle download manager
    • Virtual Keyboard*

*I recently installed virtual keyboard and it's completely optional. I think it's really useful if you're in a comfortable position where moving your hands to slide open the phone is uncomfortable, so just like pulling up VKB is useful. It doesn't open in all apps though...

For overclocking, use Uberkernal. It can scale your phone up to 1ghz, but when the screens off it'll save power by scaling back down. If you want, use a testing feed which I can provide you with if you want, and install the Warthog kernel. It's what I use. It's a testing(experimental) kernel, so I can't say it'll be as stable for you, but that's up to you. It goes up to 1.05 ghz(not that much of a difference) but I just love the support it gets from the developer.

With advanced configuration for app launcher, you can hide apps. Hide Music app especially, and download Music (Remix). Greatest available music app.

Main apps I love:
    • Translator
    • Zumodrive(use dropbox on your computer at home, then zumodrive those folders and you have instant access to files on your computer)
    • Facebook
    • engadget
    • Music (Remix)
    • Twee(if you use twitter)
    • Appscoop lets you see Beta/web feeds, but so does Preware.

Games(just gonna list my favorite):
    • NOVA
    • Skyclimber
    • Rednecks vs Aliens
    • VisualboyAdvance
    • SuperNES
    • Glow Hockey(Free)
    • Labyrinth
    • SongWave
    • Critical Mass

Apps that will save your life:
    • Internalz(file manager for your entire phone)
    • Save/Restore, basically backs up your app data, settings, etc.)
    • Govnah(controls overclocking kernel scaling)

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...he-lovely.html
    This is a huge example of a highly modded Pre.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...life-tips.html
    Some battery saving tips. Also set logging to minimal and install patches that block log uploading, if you want. Palm officially doesn't recommend it but the likelihood of you ever having a big enough error to send to Palm is low.

K I'm done haha. I'm sure others can help you even more.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thanks Man! This is an awesome start! I downloaded the VKB and I like it, I was reading on the developer page on preware that having Keyboss and u(something) will do like auto correct and stuff but I couldn't find those two patches anywhere on preware... where do I find them? Thanks again for all your help!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    One more question about the Music (remix)... the only way I know right now to get my music onto my palm pre is to just go into usb mode and click and drop music from iTunes folder into a "music" folder I made on the Pre. But none of the album artwork shows up in the music stock app on the pre, which is a bummer cause I love the album art work being there. Does this Music (remix) keep the album artwork? Is there another (better) way to get my music onto my palm pre? Thanks!
    One more question about the Music (remix)... the only way I know right now to get my music onto my palm pre is to just go into usb mode and click and drop music from iTunes folder into a "music" folder I made on the Pre. But none of the album artwork shows up in the music stock app on the pre, which is a bummer cause I love the album art work being there. Does this Music (remix) keep the album artwork? Is there another (better) way to get my music onto my palm pre? Thanks!
    You might find this app useful in that regard: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/music-wave-lite
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I just hope your local Verizon Store is more friendly than the ones some other folks have gone too. Welcome to the land of Pre! Hope you have fun digging through the patches and apps and finding fun stuff. If I had to recommend anything it would definitely be overclocking and Govnah to customize it.

Enjoy!
    I'm the developer of Music Player (Remix). The way I get all of my album art on my device is to connect the device in "Media Sync" mode (not "USB Mode"). You can enable "Media Sync" mode by opening up the "Device Info" app and going to the app's menu and select "Enable Media Sync". After doing that, "Media Sync" will be a 3rd option when plugging the USB cable into your device.

Once in Media Sync mode, I sync my music using an application on my PC called Media Monkey. There's an option to "embed album art". After doing this, pretty much all of my album art transfers over to the phone.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm the developer of Music Player (Remix). The way I get all of my album art on my device is to connect the device in "Media Sync" mode (not "USB Mode"). You can enable "Media Sync" mode by opening up the "Device Info" app and going to the app's menu and select "Enable Media Sync". After doing that, "Media Sync" will be a 3rd option when plugging the USB cable into your device.

Once in Media Sync mode, I sync my music using an application on my PC called Media Monkey. There's an option to "embed album art". After doing this, pretty much all of my album art transfers over to the phone.

I use MediaMonkey and I can not locate this option. Can you direct me to it or list the menu option it is in?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    so is media monkey just a program you download onto your pc or is it a palm app?
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    I use MediaMonkey and I can not locate this option. Can you direct me to it or list the menu option it is in?
    Go to Tools->Options, then go to the Library->Tags&Playlists options screen. Under "Album Art" set "Image Location" to "Save image to tag (if possible) otherwise save to album folder".

Also you should probably do the following: Right-click your phone in Media Monkey and select "Configure device" and then go to the "Device Configuration" tab. Check "Copy Album Art to Track tags".
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

so is media monkey just a program you download onto your pc or is it a palm app?
    Media Monkey is a Windows application.