Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    I am wondering if the Verizon GPS issue impacts all Pre Pluses. I do not use Navigator and honestly have never had a single problem. Every location based service I have tried works correctly and the directions are spot on. Maybe I am lucky but it's not an issue for me and I use it constantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCTM View Post
    I am wondering if the Verizon GPS issue impacts all Pre Pluses. I do not use Navigator and honestly have never had a single problem. Every location based service I have tried works correctly and the directions are spot on. Maybe I am lucky but it's not an issue for me and I use it constantly.
    You and another guy...
    I had to load GPSfix to get a location fix that was within a half a mile from My actual location. Perhaps you got lucky.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    On the 7 Pre+s I've had so far everyine has had issues with the GPS. It takes several tries to find me in Google Maps and every other LBS app I try.
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Wish I could say the same.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    ....there is a tomtom in my future.....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    BigCTM, I was wondering when you purchased yours. I know of people who purchased in July/August who have the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    ....there is a tomtom in my future.....
    yep, I use a garmin. The gps issue for me isn't for driving, it's because it makes location-based services so useless.
    how big is the 'blue circle' around your location dot? We all can get a lock to within 500 or 1000 meters, bit that's not close enough to find a store or do a foursquare checkin. Can't become the mayor if you can't check in.
    My google maps is always about from 3 blocks to half mile off. I tried everything, but now I just gave up on it. Yes, I don't need it while I am driving since I have navigation builtin to my car, so I just use my google map to see the traffic, it works ok but i wish my Pre Plus is half as good as my wife's Droid Incredible.
    My GPS has never worked...

Until today.

I don't know what happened, because I've tried everything since I got my phone last March to fix it and nothing has ever worked; even opening VZ Navigator never got a fix for me.

But then today for some reason it started working. Remarkably well, even. The blue circle is maybe 50 feet diameter. I'm so excited! I don't know if I'm just getting lucky or if something I did fixed it.

I have to have Google Services switched on for it to work, which used to just give the wildly inaccurate cell tower location, but now it seems to wake the GPS up.

I installed the Muffle System Logging patch just before it started working...but I have no idea if thats related.

Either way, I'm so excited it works now! And it works SO well!
    asmockler, is your GPS still working over a month later?
    If you use Google Location, you have no way of judging whether or how well the hardware GPS is working. For a proper test, power down, do a battery pull, and test in a different location. {Jonathan}