Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    This (printing email, docs. PDF's), is the one thing I can't do from my Pre. (and sometimes need to), do. ;-)

To be able to print out a "hard copy" is a great feature for me. I'll just donate my old psc 2510 photosmart all-in-one, to the 501/3-c non-profit I work with, and pick up a new HP Photosmart e-All-in-One - D110a, heck, it's only a $100 bucks! ;-)

So glad I decided to read some new post's tonight. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Guess I will be setting mine up too..... someday this 6 year old HP all-in-one I have will die and I will need a new printer....
    I've already given away 2 perfect working HP printers on my way to my current one. The one I have now has wi-fi, bluetooth, and has a usb port to connect directly to camera and video devices. It also reads your SF, SD, XD, and MS cards just like the previous two.

I won't upgrade again, just to connect to my phone. If I connect my Pre to it, is says unknown device. I'm convinced a software upgrade is all that's needed to read my Pre. Or my Pre needs true bluetooth capability so I can send files directly to my desktop or laptop. In the meantime, I have MediaSync and can send documents wirelessly by attaching them to e-mail. More steps, but much cheaper than a new printer. Of course I can also purchase filesync.

I have dropbox, but I haven't been view and send photos from my phone.
    *yawn*

what's so amazing about what is nothing more than an account that simply pipes all of its received messages through a print filter? Mail to fax gateways do this too. You can do this with *any* printer connected to a *nix box that has procmail installed. It doesn't even need to be a mail server. It could poll another server.

The exploits will be fun, at least. Hope you like hp archiving all of those nude pics of your s.o. you printed this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    Whoa, don't forget about the toaster...and the webOS toilet!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Completely different 'back-swipe' gesture required though!
    LOLz @ both..... and if I could print my resume from my toaster on my way out the door while using the toilet, my mornings would be so much more efficient.
    Just upgraded my HP printer, of course without this capability. I'm more excited about the printers having webOS built in directly and being able to either dock or print wireless direct from the next generation of webOS products (phone / pad / refrigerator / etc)
    The video shows how the HP ePrint enterprise Mobile application will work in a Blackberry but it is the also the simple way you will able to have it working with your Palm Pre, or with an iPad.

In an interview
    Cloud the next big thing

made by JosÚ R. De Souza speaks to Mohamad Itani, Head of Operations and Interim Managing Director for HP Middle East ,this question was made and I found that the HP ePrint Enterprise mobile solution will come for the Palm Pre, Blackberry and Ipad for now.

This was the question and the answer:

Printers form an important part of your core business. How are printers evolving to keep up with the changes in computing technology?

HP is constantly evolving, creating and envisaging new technology which revolutionizes the way we print. Computing technology is becoming increasingly mobile, and HP’s new range of web-empowered, cloud-enabled e-All-in-One printers allow users to print from any email device – be it smart phones, iPads, net books – to any new ePrint-enabled printer from anywhere in the world.

Every HP ePrint printer has a unique simple email address that allows the sender to deliver a print in the same way in which they would send an email message. This new technology provides our customers with total printing convenience: from a mother and son printing drawings from an iPad, to an executive on a train sending a presentation from a Palm Pre or Blackberry Smartphone to print and pick up at a local stationery print shop, HP ePrint allows people to print anytime, anywhere.

<<Deleted by mod as SPAM>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/18/2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: spamming
    You do know this is not just for PP BB IP its for any device that has email capability?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    You do know this is not just for PP BB IP its for any device that has email capability?
    I think HP is beginning with those 3 mobiles brands first and will come for any other device with e mail capability but with the proper application for that mobile OS.
    Did you not read the links you posted?

Its for any thing w/ email capabilities, The printer has its own email address so you can from anywhere or any device or computer send to the printer via email.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Meh, HP already has an app for the iphone called iPrint that you can print to any printer that has wifi network. I rather them add that app to webos and add the option to print files and documents. Right now it only prints pictures. I already bought their photosmart all in one premium this year and will not upgrade to their new line just for the ability to print from my pre plus.

Here's a link to the iPrint:
    http://www.hp.com/global/us/en/consu...int-photo.html

ninja edit: it looks like the app can now print more than pictures according to some iphone users. It can print some documents and emails. Android also has this app available to them....why not webos?
    Last edited by RumpRoast; 09/19/2010 at 12:38 AM. Reason: bad link
    How do we set this up on a Pre?

Is it just the email address?

Are there any instructions on getting this going?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RumpRoast View Post
    Meh, HP already has an app for the iphone called iPrint that you can print to any printer that has wifi network. I rather them add that app to webos and add the option to print files and documents. Right now it only prints pictures. I already bought their photosmart all in one premium this year and will not upgrade to their new line just for the ability to print from my pre plus.

Here's a link to the iPrint:
    [url]

ninja edit: it looks like the app can now print more than pictures according to some iphone users. It can print some documents and emails. Android also has this app available to them....why not webos?
    I'm with this guy. I'm actually one of the few who has printed from my Pre (via wifi to my Photosmart Premium). Being that it only worked in native linux apps that use CUPS made it pretty useless. Did print a word document via openoffice (after severely bringing my Pre to it's knees). Point is all the tech's already available to print from a phone to a printer (whether it be on wifi or bt), just need some software.

- Phil -
    Here are some web connected printing apps HP ePrintCenter

Here : HP Mobile Printing Solutions HP Mobile Printing Solutions

and for HP Mobile Printing Bluetooth Mobile Photo Printing
    HP Mobile Printing

Don┤t see an specific app for Palm Pre yet ??? but according to that HP exec it will come in some way. Will see.
    Why Market Economies Are Broken
    Episode 732
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Yeah, I believe any smart phone can print on this thing. So what's so special about Pre? If HP made something only Pre and future WebOS tablet to print on this thing, then it's something we should talk about. Right now, who cares.
    Manufacturer 1: "We have this service, and anyone can use it. Buy our printer, send it an email from absolutely anywhere, it prints. Knock your socks off."
    Market: "Eh, if anyone can use it what's the point. That's stupid, failcorps! We're not even looking. Super-cheap device anyone could afford, soooo unattractive."

Manufacturer 2: "Our new, revolutionary iPrint will print your docs from your iDevice - but only those. Other devices aren't good enough, but you can buy one of ours, then it'll work in your iEverything household and you'll see it's magical. Because it's so magical, it also costs twice as much... But there you can see what a great product it is!"
    Market: "Whoa, printing... From my iDevice? BAM! Brilliant, must buy item!"
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 09/19/2010 at 10:51 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12