1.    #1  
    whenever I text an att user, their reply usually results in a blank balloon-no text. So far it apears to happpen with iphone users.

anyone else getting that?

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    One of my work associates has an iphone, besides the horrible static cell phone calls, the texts come over fine.
    nah its att , they suck, all my friends with att have texting problems...anytime someone sends me a pic from att i receive it twice, if im sitting next to the person, it takes more then a minute sometimes for there text to come to me....and i have a iphone on the side i got for free...and i have terrible text problems with it...
    Its most likely them and not you.
    I had this problem a few times last year, at&t couldnt figure out what the problem was (until i got someone who knew what they were talking about besides the usual protocol), She was very kind and just told me to go get a new simcard. She also gave me her email if anything went wrong. Everything worked fine after that. So i suggest you tell your friend to get a new simcard.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I had this problem with Blackberry and iPhone users on AT&T. I have no clue if its true but I was told it has to do with at&t emoticons... or something to that effect. Sounds crazy to me.
    I have a close friend with an iPhone and we had the same problem. The only way he could text me was by responding to something I'd sent him, then it worked everytime. But, he couldn't start the text convo.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    dude I text ppls with iphones all the time and no problems...its our palm id or pre is the problem...i had to do a hard reset and log into my palm id and then everything works fine.
    They said it's receiving texts from iPhone users, not sending them, that's the problem.
    The problem is that this happens with other phones, not just the Pre, so it can't be something in the Pre OS that is causing it. It happened with my prior phones, which were an LG Rumor and a Treo755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I have a close friend with an iPhone and we had the same problem. The only way he could text me was by responding to something I'd sent him, then it worked everytime. But, he couldn't start the text convo.
    funny thing, I have trouble getting calls from at&t users. Ever since antennae-gate, I've become especially aware of how much their calls tend to break up, and I can usually tell if they are using an iphone because they break up so much.

it will be interesting when the iphone comes to cdma carrier because we will be able to see how much of thisis at&t and how much is iphone.

on topic, each carrier has a gateway from their sms system and other carriers. The problem is somewhere between your carrier and at&t. You should call your carrier support number and report it.
  11.    #11  
    not sure how to proceed. I will report it to Sprint, and it will probably lead to a long call that doesnt get resolved.

I just had my original pre replaced (with a refurb), and it happens as well. So my phone is clean.

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    I looked at the title of this thread and thought "now THAT is a SMART phone"!

Have been routinely texting back and forth with my buddy in BTR, (iPhone), with no problems noted all this year.
    Last edited by oldgeekster; 09/11/2010 at 02:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    funny thing, I have trouble getting calls from at&t users. Ever since antennae-gate, I've become especially aware of how much their calls tend to break up, and I can usually tell if they are using an iphone because they break up so much.

it will be interesting when the iphone comes to cdma carrier because we will be able to see how much of thisis at&t and how much is iphone.

on topic, each carrier has a gateway from their sms system and other carriers. The problem is somewhere between your carrier and at&t. You should call your carrier support number and report it.
    I tried calling them a long time ago and they tried several troubleshooting steps, but no luck.

And, as I posted, it's lasted through several Sprint phones. We actually just use email now and never have a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    whenever I text an att user, their reply usually results in a blank balloon-no text. So far it apears to happpen with iphone users.

anyone else getting that?
    The problem is coming from the Iphone user. There is nothing wrong with your device. >:-)
    Ps. I've never had such problem before. Maybe because I don't have any friends that uses an iphone. :-D