View Poll Results: Does your carrier store have a display unit?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 66.67%
  • No

11 33.33%
  1.    #1  
    I hope this is not a lost cause. And I know that new devices are around the corner but I think Palm still needs to spread the word about their current devices that will run future WebOS updates.

I'm annoyed with my Sprint store because they do not have a display unit and have not had one for a month or possibly more. They just have a broken stand with touchstone where the Pre should be. I do not think this is acceptable. I have discussed it with Sprint customer support via a chat and they are working on getting a display unit.

I am curious if this is happening anywhere else and if anyone else will be proactive. If you post addresses, I think this should be brought to Sprint's attention if there is a trend.

Thanks guys.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    None of the Sprint resellers near me have a display unit. The nearest real Sprint store is 90 minutes away, so I can't comment on them...
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    All our Sprint stores but the 'mall kiosk' has a Pre and Pixi display

I was just in our 'repair and sales' store the other day and they even have a working one. However (sigh) I was playing with the Epic and I was drooling. I love my Pre and it's the best thing I've ever owned but I'm thinking about getting an Epic (it's kinda like combining my old Instinct and my Pre into 1 device - just wish it has the same operating system as my Pre).
    I was in my local Sprint store today trying to pump them for information about new phones (no dice -- I think they really don't know anything). This store has both Pre and Pixi on display.
    The Pres were all long gone at Bell stores and have been replaced by the Omnia II. And in turn that was replaced by the Galaxy S.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    My at&t corp store has two pre's and two pixi's on display. None of the non corp stores have them anywhere.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Here in the Lou the corporate stores seem to have units on display. In outlying suburban waist land only about half the mall kiosks do.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Most of the Mall Kiosk are just resellers. They get to determine what devices they sell and which ones they forsake. lol. Taking to Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, Bell, ect about anything other than a Corp store won't affect those.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    our main vwz store has a pre on display, no pixi. need to bring my laptop up there and get Uk/Gov installed on it when no one is looking
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    main repair center in greensboro nc has both the pre and pixie. As you go through the door the first is the epic (the display unit felt like it had oreo) I wasn't impressed. Then the evo, with it's awfull screen. Then the most beautiful phone I have ever seen, the PRE......
    There's about 3 or 4 different Sprint stores within my area and I've only visited two, they both had Pre's and one had a Pixi as display units. Not operational ones, but eh take what you can get. I'm more than happy to show anyone my Pre that's interested when I'm there heh.
    My local AT&T corp store has one and a Pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I was in my local Sprint store today trying to pump them for information about new phones (no dice -- I think they really don't know anything). This store has both Pre and Pixi on display.
    Same here... I think they know as much as we do. :smile
    The Sprint store by work does not have any Pre's on display, only 1 lone Pixi.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    My local 02 shop has both on touchstones just as you walk in the door.
    So it's the first phone a potential customer notices.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    My local Sprint store/repair center got rid of pre display for evo and epic. Pixi was on display, but was either suffering from a dead batt, or was broken.
    One thing I noticed interesting in the past week...

At the store in Eaton Centre Toronto downtown, the functional display Palm Pre re-appeared after while on hiatus.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I wouldn't know this except I wanted the new Icon Jawbone so noticed they have cases & a display unit. No one was around it. All the sales people who were helping customers who wanted phones were showing off BBs and Androids. Fail.
    Verizon stores...can't live with them, can't blow them up.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted