1.    #1  
    The front page has an article about how you can create custom contact labels in google, and that they'll sync to WebOS just fine.

This doesn't seem to be working for me. And I was wondering if others are experiencing this problem. See the attached images for the dummy contact that I made to demonstrate the problem.

What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    suggest you remove the personal info from the pic....
  3.    #3  
    Ok. Is there personal information in the pic that I didn't manage to remove? I don't see anything. Jimbo is a made up name with made up email address, made up snail address & made up phone numbers.

Did I miss something?
  4.    #4  
    Anyone?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. After you have synced your contacts, you have to go into the edit screen for the contact than back out, the label changes will then sync up immediately.

NEVER MIND: This didn't work a second time for me either. I think it just takes a little time for the changes to take.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I know it may be a simple question, but did you sync the contacts on your phone in the contacts app??

Quote Originally Posted by edoeding View Post
    suggest you remove the personal info from the pic....
    haha...look closely at the info that is provided! it's 123-456-7890 & 123 Park St. hahahaha
    I have never been able to get things like the Birthday field to sync either. I just thought it was a bug.
    or the URL fields. I enter a homepage into a google contact, but it won't show up in my pre
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    I know it may be a simple question, but did you sync the contacts on your phone in the contacts app?
    Yes. I thought that the fact that a fake name would show up on both would suggest that I'd synced it to get it onto the Pre. But I could have been more explicit.
  10.    #10  
    Tried this suggestion from the front page post:

http://www.precentral.net/google-con...comment-117114

That didn't work either.
    My changes update but interesting thing is when I choose google voice the Pre displays Grandcentral.
    Make sure you have Google as the main Profile not Palm in your phones contacts or this will not work!