Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    REF: Palm pre Plus (verizon)

When I got on the gift box (Updates icon). It then shows checking for updates and tells me updates available.
    I click on show updates now it bring to app catalog applications but none of my apps are showing it should be updated or available for update.

I do have preware install, Could this be an issue does any one have this problem? I know the 1.4.5 update is coming soon and I dont want to miss it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    this is a known issue. ignore the update app unless you know there is an update to webOS available. that will be hard to miss because there will instantly be about 100 new threads created here declaring it, and it will be a front page story on precentral.net.

To find out if you have any application updates, open the palm app catalog, tough the shopping bag in the lower right corner. in a few moments an update button will appear.

ignore the update app. it's useless. it is just saying that something in the app catalog has an update, but apparently not making any correlation to whether you actually have that app installed.
    This issue appears when you have had an app installed, and you have uninstalled it. BUT, it didn't get totally wiped out. There are traces left, which is what prompts the Updates Available button. If you know all the apps you have downloaded and erased, you have to reinstall them and uninstall them again. If you don't know the apps you have erased, send a PM to Hardbeatz. He works for Palm and he can look into your Palm account and tell you which app is causing the issue. He is very helpful with this and responds very quickly.

Once you know the app, install it and uninstall it again and the issue goes away.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    This issue appears when you have had an app installed, and you have uninstalled it. BUT, it didn't get totally wiped out. There are traces left, which is what prompts the Updates Available button. If you know all the apps you have downloaded and erased, you have to reinstall them and uninstall them again. If you don't know the apps you have erased, send a PM to Hardbeatz. He works for Palm and he can look into your Palm account and tell you which app is causing the issue. He is very helpful with this and responds very quickly.

Once you know the app, install it and uninstall it again and the issue goes away.
    better still, don't use the update app. I'm convinced that it isn't due to app remnants, and if it is who has time to figure that out?

just use the shopping bag in the app catalog as previously suggested. you will be glad you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    better still, don't use the update app. I'm convinced that it isn't due to app remnants, and if it is who has time to figure that out?

just use the shopping bag in the app catalog as previously suggested. you will be glad you did.
    I totally agree with you and that is what I did for a long time. I was just giving him the option of going the extra step, especially since he's hitting the Update button a lot waiting for the VZW 1.4.5 update.

Hardbeatz really will help anyone with this issue. All he asks for is your Palm account login email address. Then he comes back with the list of remnant apps to re-install and then delete. It doesn't take that much time to figure out.