Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone found a method to remove small sctarches on the Pre's plastic screen?

I searched but every thread is just a mix of useless information with some saying one thing will work while others warn not to try the same method.

I have soooooo many small scratches on my screen from just putting my phone pocket and have never dropped.
    Get a ZAGG Skin. It may not "remove" your scratches completely, but it does visually remove them. Lifetime Warranty, virtually unscratchable, and just plain amazing.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Palm Pre Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    Admiration is the furthest emotion away from understanding.

Lou Holtz loves slurpies!
  3.    #3  
    I don't like how the ZAGG protectors feel. They make it to where my dingers don't slide as good IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Has anyone found a method to remove small sctarches on the Pre's plastic screen?

I searched but every thread is just a mix of useless information with some saying one thing will work while others warn not to try the same method.

I have soooooo many small scratches on my screen from just putting my phone pocket and have never dropped.
    Well, too late for you now, but you needed a protective screen. They are not intrusive in the least, if you get the right ones. Some say Zagg, but I ripped two of those off and trashed them. They have a crappy texture to them that I couldn't stand. I have used, still use, BodyGuardz on my Pre. I even pre-cut the flappy edges so they don't get oily and come off.

I think I spent $20 and you get 2. The only reason I've pulled one off is b/c I am a neat freak & didn't like some of the buildup that hit the edges (after about 8 months of use).

I've had the phone for over a year, and I'm rough with it. I've dropped it many, many times. I have ZERO scratches. Get a skin guard in the future. Sorry, I don't have the real answer you were looking for. I hope something works out for you.
  5.    #5  
    I will never have a screen protector on my PP because of the way the phone is designed. On my old LG dare there was a bevel that made it look as if the protector wasn't even there. With the Pre I would see the edges of the protector going on the side and I'm very OCD about that and refuse to use one.
    I will never have a screen protector on my PP because of the way the phone is designed. On my old LG dare there was a bevel that made it look as if the protector wasn't even there. With the Pre I would see the edges of the protector going on the side and I'm very OCD about that and refuse to use one.
    Hence why you have scratches,
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    Hence why you have scratches,
    My thoughts exactly
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    My thoughts exactly

Ditto

If you don't protect your property then you need to be prepaired to replace it!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I used an acrylic scratch removal kit designed for acrylic fish tanks. Works good.
    You can try McGuiar's Plastic Polish. It comes in a large, plastic bottle and can be found at most auto parts stores. It's a combination of a very mild abrasive and a protective coating. You put rub it on gently and then polish it off. This will remove much of the minor scratches, and may minimize some deeper ones.

Do NOT continue to rub. This will only take off the protective coating on the screen. You can do this with other parts of the phone, but not the front face.

I have done this successfully, as instructed, and have also messed up my Pre by over-polishing. Fortunately, I had already gouged the screen and was headed for an insurance co-pay.

Whatever the outcome, get a screen cover. All phones should have one.
    Try PhantomSkinz. After two days with my phone I *knew* I needed some protection for that beautiful screen ... got one of these and would never have a touchscreen without it. It will probably do a pretty good job of covering existing scratches as well.
    I have a couple of small scratches but I manage to live with them.
    Yeah, the Zagg Invisibleshields are a little tacky the first 3 or 4 days but after they thoroughly dry out, they are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Yeah, the Zagg Invisibleshields are a little tacky the first 3 or 4 days but after they thoroughly dry out, they are fine.
    I agree - I have had a Zagg within a week of purchase and it feels smooth and cleans easily
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    invisible shield by zagg... i love it. im in the los angeles area so we have booths in a few of are malls that apply the shield on the phone for you. i love it and it still keeps the pre round and sleek. dont know what to tell you about your scratches now just an FYI for next time. i hit the booth every time i get a new pre and i save the shield so i dont have to pay for the skin again they just charge me to apply it. =)
    oh yea, if you get the zagg and it bubbles up or whatever just go get it re done... it"ll be like new again... its not meant to last forever but keeps the phone looking sexy instead of scratched up like some kid has been playing with it. lol
    I cant stand screen protectors on the pre, for already mentioned reasons. i always keep my pre in my pocket, or between my legs when driving, and have dropped it multiple times. So far I have not scratches on the screen. I am usually very careful with it. But I also realize the risk that comes with no screen protector.
    I had the invisible shield by Zagg and I did not like it. The small bubbles that were said to go away never did, even after almost two weeks. The texture was horrible and barely fit into my leather case by Palm. So I removed it.
    I use Phantomskinz and love them. Of course none of the screen protectors are going to feel as smooth as the bare screen, but I have found taking an old t-shirt and spraying a little liquid silicon on it and rubbing it into the screen (with phantomskinz on it) makes it almost indistiguishable from bare glass for several days. Just for future reference.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast