Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    it just came out on verizon, buy one get one free. My sister asked me if I wanted one because there was another upgrade on our account, but the sea was that I'd have to give her friend my pre plus. So I was pretty tempted.. Galaxy s phones you know how that goes! But I told her no I'd pass because I can't wait for webOS 2.0. To be honest, if there weren't any 2.0 leaks, I think I would have tried the fascinate out. but I absolutely love my pre plus. What would you guys do?
  2.    #2  
    sorry from my pre... I meant the deal* lol
    I saw one (samsung) today, the screen looks gorgeous
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I read the review of it(engadget) and I did not like how vz clipped the google browser. I still want a hardware kb, so no I'd not only have kept my pre+(if I were you), I also wouldn't trade my pre minus for one. Good call IMO!!
    i too await webOS 2.0 with baited breath
    would i have tried the fascinate? no.
    android is clunky. no matter what phone.
    of course it would've been a substantial upgrade from the pre plus, but who knows what 2.0 holds. you can upgrade later.
    i don't appreciate how VzW only allows users to bing search on the fascinate. it seems kind of ironic to have a phone running an OS made by google, a large search-based company, and allow it only to search with bing. but then again, i suppose that's the deal with being open source : /
    bing is a good search engine, but it's fairly new and needs to be worked out a bit more.
    im sure you'll be able to live without AMOLED for a while : )
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I saw one (samsung) today, the screen looks gorgeous
    most deff gorgeous! And large.. Lol I love the way it looks, but not the way it works
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    I read the review of it(engadget) and I did not like how vz clipped the google browser. I still want a hardware kb, so no I'd not only have kept my pre+(if I were you), I also wouldn't trade my pre minus for one. Good call IMO!!
    yay, I too need a hardware keyboard. All touch bugs me.
    I used to say I want a hardware keyboard... Now I just want 2.0 on a device.
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    Yep, from what I read/saw Bing was the only option in the browser and could not be changed.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    I would've taken it... then sold it and bought a pre plus for cheap off eBay and made a nice profit.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mnotar91 View Post
    Yep, from what I read/saw Bing was the only option in the browser and could not be changed.
    I did just read awhile ago, that when froyo drops you will have a choice. So I guess it's not all bad.
    But then you miss out on cool stuff like this: Android Notifier sends notifications to your desktop -- Engadget
  13.    #13  
    Okay so I just messed around with the phone for a good 2 hours. (btw i'm a huge tech geek) so I found out alot. The internet is absolutely amazing. Its fast, and I heard you can overclock it to 1.6ghz which is blazing fast. Anyways, the live wallpaper is really cool, as well as the 7 home screens. I love the large display to (precentral.net looks amazing on it) Other than that, i don't like it. The layout of the phone is really ugly and just.. ugly. When you try to add a widget, or when you go to the applications menu, the touchscreen is extremely sensitive so unwanted apps are constantly being open. The scrolling is very jumpy, not like the stock webos kinda jumpy, more like its on crack kinda jumpy. Because it doesn't lag at all it just is like jumpy. Lol.. hope that made sence. My sister was trying to get her contacts from her other phone, and she couldn't do that even with the verizon back up assistant. I don't know if thats the phone or the companys problem, but she can't find any way to sync her contacts. And on webos.. its magical. Overall, i'm happy with my decision.
    Tech geeks rock!
    I was able to play with one also and saw kinda the same thing as you with the scrolling. Put webOS on a powerful piece of hardware like that and it's going to blow the past nay-sayers away! I'd have made the same decision as you with 2.0 around the corner and the promise of new hardware. I'd have been tempted if there was nothing in the pipeline for Palm for a few months... but no matter what - it's all about the user being happy. Glad to see you feel good with your decision! Here's to new hardware in the (hopefully) near future!
    I played with the Epic for a bit a few days back, That screen sure was pretty, but other than that I felt like I was staring at a Windows 98 UI. Nothing that was overall impressive except the performance of the hardware. Just throw that hardware behind webOS and watch me dance the happy dance!
  16.    #16  
    seriously, how amazing would webOS be on a phone of that size? And speed. Makes me drool... hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    The layout of the phone is really ugly and just.. ugly.
    Can't argue with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    seriously, how amazing would webOS be on a phone of that size? And speed. Makes me drool... hahaha.
    You aren't the only one! Between that and my planning on being first in line for a webOS tablet... it's going to be an awesome (expensive) 2011! LOL
  19.    #19  
    yah I'm seriously already saving up for the tablet! I'm probably the biggest geek I know when it cmes to technology.
    Yes, the tablet will make a nice expensive calendar.
    I'm buying it for my 3-year old to teach her the difference between appreciating something special and mindlessly joining the iPhone herd (bÍ-Íh).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast