1.    #1  

That about says it all. Take a look at the System Load.

After my update to 1.4.5 everything was fine. I decided to Doctor for 1.4.5 since it'll probably b the last in the 1.x series and I thought I'd leave it with clean slate for 2.0 update.

Boy was that a mistake.

I have GMail set on IMAP. I have disabled *ALL* features to strip it down as much as possible to rule out something funky by them (single vs. double arrows, disabled chat, etc.).

I had just over 1400 mails in my Sent items so I though that might be too much for it (even though I never had a problem before the Doctor of 1.4.5) and broke them up into years. That didn't help. I have 14 "folders" in GMail. None contain over ~300 (now that I broke up Sent Items). I have only ~380Meg in GMail.

If I remove my GMail (ONLY MAIL - Leaving Calendar and Contacts) this issue goes away. I have it set for "As Items Arrive" but even if I set it to an hour, I still have this.

This is 100% reproducible. If I remove the MAIL account, it goes away, the MINUTE I put it back, this happens.

I have removed my mail account, deleted my Palm backup and Doctored from that empty profile and it STILL does this.

This also happens after a 100% clean Doctoring - adding NOTHING. Fresh after the Doctor (and profile sign in), I add my GMail account and this happens.

I have tried to set up my GMail account as an IMAP account instead of the built-in GMail (yes, I know it's the same thing, I'm just trying to rule out a bug in the auto-config) and see the same issue.

This is killing my battery. I have to (just about) leave it plugged in all day or it'll be dead by noon. I took the screen shot above at 7:02 in the morning and it had been unplugged only about 15 minutes and it had already dropped to 93%!

I have Doctored my phone 5 times since last Friday (09-03-2010).

Any ideas?

HELP?

M.
    I would imagine with as many emails you say you have that syncing would take quite some time. Change it to view 1 day only, let it do it's thing (dont know how long that will take), and see if the load stays the same.
    Another thing to consider is the number of contacts and calendar events you have.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/20/2010 at 07:28 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!

*BUT*

This seems to be completely separate from my contacts or calendar events (as far as I can tell) as the problem goes TOTALLY away when I only remove the mail account (leaving contacts and calendar untouched).

I've changed it to one day. I'll be able to report back on my findings in a little bit (I'm sure! :-) )

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Thanks!

*BUT*

This seems to be completely separate from my contacts or calendar events (as far as I can tell) as the problem goes TOTALLY away when I only remove the mail account (leaving contacts and calendar untouched).

I've changed it to one day. I'll be able to report back on my findings in a little bit (I'm sure! :-) )

M.
    He wasn't talking about the contacts or calendar syncing.... if you are syncing that much mail, it will take a while (assuming you are syncing everything). I sync my complete GMAIL, and at first setup it takes HOURS to sync the 500-700 emails I had last time I had to sync my whole gmail account. That is what is giving you the load, I had to keep mine on the charger the rest of the day at work when I did that.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    He wasn't talking about the contacts or calendar syncing.... if you are syncing that much mail, it will take a while (assuming you are syncing everything). I sync my complete GMAIL, and at first setup it takes HOURS to sync the 500-700 emails I had last time I had to sync my whole gmail account. That is what is giving you the load, I had to keep mine on the charger the rest of the day at work when I did that.

I normally have it set for 1 month worth of stuff. I put it down to one day and my system load is still through the roof.

I last wiped my phone Tuedsay afternoon and it's still goin nuts. My phone is *not* using much network either. I can't tell what's it's doing but it's not constantly pulling data from Google (no more than usual, anyway).

M.
    My next advice would be to use JStop to check running processes maybe? Just a thought...
    If you have archived folders in gmail, it will still upload all of them, even if there are hundreds. The get mail for 1 day seems only to apply to your inbox.

The one time I had to doctor, gmail took the longest to sync, because my one folder has almost 700 conversations in it, full archive from about a year or more.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  8.    #8  
    I've deleted just over a thousand mails equaling about 800Meg. I did some shuffling around of mails (reducing folders - it was getting annoying...) and stuff like that.

I'll let this thing chug on this for a while and see if the issue goes away or not. It's working just as hard as the pic above right now, though.

M.
    Be patient, I might have 200 emails total (only about 40 in my inbox), and about 120 contacts, decent amount of calendar events, and I'd say my initial sync takes about 20 mins or so.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/20/2010 at 07:29 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Have you checked to see if it's adding e-mails to your folders while operating at that load?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Have you checked to see if it's adding e-mails to your folders while operating at that load?

"Adding" as in putting mail back into my GMail account that's now "missing" there? It doesn't appear to be.

Actually my phone (other than the system load being high) doesn't appear to be doing much of anything. My data connection is isn't coming on much more than normal and the CPU is actually staying cool (despite the system load), so I'm not really sure what's it's doing right now. Maybe it already got a new "list" of current mails and is just going through pulling deleted stuff out of a DB somewhere on the phone?

M.