Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I get a message that stating "GAL Service is unavailable" when typing a contact name. Is this an issue with my phone or with some setting at my workplace?
    Are you online?
    Mine does that whenever I lose internet access (data).
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Mine always does it. It worked a few releases ago.
    Same here... does anyone have an answer or a fix?
    This has started ever since I added Live.com as an Exchange account. If I remove the exchange account, then all is back to normal. Could it be because I don't have any contacts in my Live account? Don't know and don't care anyway. I wanted to let everyone know what the solution is.
    Mine does that occasionally. Never paid enough attention to when, in order to try and figure out why. Usually if I do a refresh in the mail app for the Exchange account, it instantly starts working again.

Perhaps a timeout issue or connectivity thing...
    I've decided to redo my Live account to no avail. As soon as I update the phone with the Live.com stats, it will start giving me the message above. Setting up Live.com as a POP account does not incur the same results. Figures, a MSFT product will give me issues!
    Can you remove the Live account only from your contacts app?