Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Hopefully I won't look too stupid and non-techie (which I am) asking this. I have my work email set up via a POP connection, and go in every weekday morning and change the sync from "manual" to "every 5 minutes". I sorta long for the days of my treo, when (if memory doesn't fail me) I could just have it sync between certain hours of certain days. And curious if that is possible on the pre.

I would love to set it up so it checks for mail every x minutes between 8 and 6 Monday through Friday, and only manually on any other day. Not sure if that is something that can be made in a patch, or something palm would/could incorporate into some future version, or just too darn complicated to even worry about, but curious for insight on here whether or not that is even possible or out there right now.
    I do remember that feature from the Treo.

I've not seen a way to do this with the Pre email, however, I'm wondering if it could be something you might be able to set-up using the Mode Switcher app? I've never used it, but tons of info about it on the boards and it's free, so no harm in trying.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Can be done with Mode Switcher..... I haven't used it to do the e-mail sync since I am using gmail, but a few guys have used it to do various e-mail setups.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Can be done with Mode Switcher..... I haven't used it to do the e-mail sync since I am using gmail, but a few guys have used it to do various e-mail setups.
    Thanks! I figured it was probably possible, but since I haven't used it, I wasn't sure.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Thanks to you both. I've played with patches but had never until today even clicked on the applications section of Preware. Now off to have some great fun.

Cheers.