Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    If you have tep and have a faulty pre, were you offered a choice of phones to choose from or were you just giving another pre?
    insurance is only used if you mess up or brake the phone. they usually only offer another phone if its hardware or software issues
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I believe they do 3 repairs/replacements on the Pre's before they offer you a different phone.
    I got Neither. As reported yesterday, the Techie at the NYC 3rd Ave. Sprint repair store just glanced at my "scratched, cracked, missing USB door, stuck Power button Pre", and then I was informed by the store receptionist, "that due to wear and tear I have to submit a claim form." So, not a great episode for me as a long term, Sprint/Palm customer.

Since then, I've been trying to find anyone that can just replace the front housing on my Pre which I can easily buy for about 8 or 9 bucks, but am no techie to disaseemble/re-assemble my Pre.
    Maybe not the right site to ask that question, you're going to get answers from a ton of people that want another Pre, so they have never paid attention to getting a different phone, even if they've had many replacements.

And yes, I just posted this to be a smart .....
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    My assumption would be that Assurion would just send you a refurb Pre. The only way they would offer you a "choice" would be if there were no more Pres available.

Others who have had the BestBuy insurance have been offered different phones simply because BestBuy does not carry the Pre anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    My assumption would be that Assurion would just send you a refurb Pre. The only way they would offer you a "choice" would be if there were no more Pres available.

Others who have had the BestBuy insurance have been offered different phones simply because BestBuy does not carry the Pre anymore.
    if you have alot of software/hardware issue with any phone they will offer you another one sometimes
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    I got Neither. As reported yesterday, the Techie at the NYC 3rd Ave. Sprint repair store just glanced at my "scratched, cracked, missing USB door, stuck Power button Pre", and then I was informed by the store receptionist, "that due to wear and tear I have to submit a claim form." So, not a great episode for me as a long term, Sprint/Palm customer.

Since then, I've been trying to find anyone that can just replace the front housing on my Pre which I can easily buy for about 8 or 9 bucks, but am no techie to disaseemble/re-assemble my Pre.

Im getting a replacement Pre tomorrow (fri) which would be my millionth pre (that another issue)...but they are gonna go by the book if you go to a Manhattan store, they real official in Midtown, go to a Sprint store deep in Bklyn or the Bx somewhere they don't care as much they give out new phones easier.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Thanks guys... well I'm not happy with the phone and I'll consider getting something else. I know Asurion is gonna charge $100 bucks and give me a refurb and I don't want that.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts

There is no $8-$9 fix for the front housing the digitizer is built into it... There is no cheap solution other than fighting sprint for one.

The above bolded part was my emphasis.

If they told me this, I would ask them to repeat it (to be sure I have it right), then inisist they fix the phone for free, as in no deductable.

Please note Sprint's TEP program information:

Protection Solutions

Take a look at the section labeled What it covers:
    Mechanical or electrical failure, routine maintenance, and failure from normal wear and tear. File your replacement request within 60 days of incident.

Then scroll down two lines to where it talks about the deductible. $0

In short, this is the ESRP (Equipment Service and Repair) part of the TEP program. There should be no deductible.
    Ive been offered a pixi, moment and pre. But I always end up having them give me a NEW pre. I have yet to have 1 Refurb that lasts more then a month.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

If they told me this, I would ask them to repeat it (to be sure I have it right), then inisist they fix the phone for free, as in no deductable.

Protection Solutions

Mechanical or electrical failure, routine maintenance, and failure from normal wear and tear. File your replacement request within 60 days of incident.

In short, this is the ESRP (Equipment Service and Repair) part of the TEP program. There should be no deductible.
    I was gonna quote the same thing except his phone has not failed yet... So he's going to have to mess the phone up to get the ugly fixed.

The crack alone should warrant repair due to know issue with it... Unless he has beaten it to hell to show signs of physical dmg... Which it sounds like and if so he has an uphill battle...
    They never offered me either... I ask for a brand new pre. :-D
    when my Pre developed a lag and halo after an impromptu bath in a glas of water about 5 months ago, they immediately offered to upgrade me. Since it's a Sprint phone I told them they did not have anything that I would consider an upgrade and to just send me another Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

Protection Solutions

The problem is he quoted the rep as saying wear and tear.... not necessarily normal wear and tear. Just saying, that with scratches and cracks (even if they are from hardware defect) some folks have had hard time getting replaced under warranty.

Then again I don't know what the claim form he is talking about is.... since when we've used TEP in the past it was a quick phone call, charge to CC, and Asurion shipped phone..... no claim form of any type.
    I have the insurance and I needed a new pre so I went into my local sprint repair store, they took my phone for and hour ran a test and ordered me another, it was a hassle at the store to get another but I did in 1 weeks time. I asked if it was a new or refurb pre they told me ALL replacements are refurb.

I had my orig pre over a yr and now I have this refurb in brand new condition.
    I stay w sprint because they have good prices on plans.

Mxe
    Thank you for your reply. No, I don't believe you're a smart...but a nice, smart lady is rather obvious. :.)