Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    Hey all, I have this issue with Wi-fi recently. While it will work at school, at home on my home network whenever I try to connect, my Pre tells me that "No network of that name with that security setting was found." I know that in the past it has worked fine on my network, just ever since I changed the router name it doesn't seem to be able to connect anymore. Anyone know how to clear the cache of previous Wi-Fi points, or anything else that may help?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Hey all, I have this issue with Wi-fi recently. While it will work at school, at home on my home network whenever I try to connect, my Pre tells me that "No network of that name with that security setting was found." I know that in the past it has worked fine on my network, just ever since I changed the router name it doesn't seem to be able to connect anymore. Anyone know how to clear the cache of previous Wi-Fi points, or anything else that may help?
    Just a guess. Go to Wi-fi. Select the network you need to change. Tap the "forget network" button at the bottom of the page.
  3. #3  
    U can set the wifi name and password again in wifi reference
  4.    #4  
    Didn't work, there is no "forget network" button.
  5. #5  
    what windows version are you using? seems it saved the connection settings and is still trying to connect using that saved setting. however, since you changed the network name it should no longer be correct. try to find a way to delete that connection and create a new one.
  6. #6  
    i'm having the same issue: wifi searching does not locate any known (mine or other) networks that previously it could...it keeps "searching for networks..." and draining the battery! manually entering a network results in "no network of that name with that security setting was found" even if a network name and password are correctly entered. reset (via ##786# as instructed by carrier, reinstalling webos with webosdoctor, battery pulls, turning off and on, following the 6Ts for troubleshooting by manufacturer, etc.) doesn't fix the problem; nor did rebooting modem and network. ran a "quick test" through the "info" app on the phone reported error code 1000 (which means wifi is disabled even though setting is activated) at first and thereafter error code 25 (which means it cannot see a network), whereas it previously could identify my and other networks before easily.

    my laptop has no issues connecting to the home network, even after renaming the network, etc.
    Last edited by pre centralized; 10/24/2010 at 12:21 PM. Reason: more info

Posting Permissions