Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    We are going to be in Europe, and since I have a Sprint Pre, I cannot use the phone while there. However, there will be occasions when I want to use public or hotel wifi (which I assume I can do).

I know that if I turn on airplane mode it turns off everything, but is there a way to turn on the wifi without turning on phone service?
    after turning on airplane mode, turn wifi back on.
    If you have preware installed, install the patch device menu megamix. It will give easy access on disabling the phone functions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    there is also a stand alone patch for just turning off the phone radio as well
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    If you have preware installed, install the patch device menu megamix. It will give easy access on disabling the phone functions.
    This is the correct answer. With this patch you will be able to turn the phone radio on or off whenever you want in about 2 seconds flat.
    Just to reiterate what the other posters said: I recently returned from a trip to Panama when I used the Device Menu Megamix patch. I was able to use Wifi when needed, turn GPS on and off and use my Pre as a Palm Pilot.

It worked perfectly and no crazy charges.

Nb
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thanks to everyone for the help. I'm off to download Megamix!