1.    #1  
    Don't know if anyone has done this yet...i've not found it in the research i've been doing...

sorry bout having to find your own links...but i'm new here...

I've gotten the X-server working on my Palm Pre+ and have enabled sharing of mouse and keyboard from Kubuntu 10.04 to the Palm Device through Synergy. Here's what I did...

WebOS Ver 1.4.11

Install Debian Chroot (Search WebOS Internals for 'Debian - WebOS Internals')

Install Preware Alpha (Search Google for 'Preware Testing Feed Repositories')

Enable Preware Testing Feed (Search WebOS Internals for 'Enabling Preware Testing Feed')

Install Xterm (should mark and install xorg-server as well)

Start Xterm

Edit /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.xorg-server/start.sh on Palm host system. Use to enable/disable portrait or landscape mode. Portrait mode is much better to use until i figure out how to re-adjust the screen size of any of the windows managers...taller is definitely more useful than wider...especially for settings and clicking 'ok' buttons

----- --- --
    Chroot into Debian

In Debian:
    Code:
    apt-get install synergy
    --- ------- --
    On your *nix box as root:
    Code:
    apt-get install synergy
    Create a file: /etc/synergy.conf on your *nix box and make it look similar to this
    Code:

section: screens
        kubuntu:
        palm-webos-device:
    end

section: aliases
        kubuntu:
        #insert IP address of *nix box as assigned by Dhcp server
    end

section: links
        kubuntu:
        right = palm-webos-device
        palm-webos-device:
        left = kubuntu
    end

section: options
        screenSaverSync = false
    end
    -- --- -----
    Connect Palm to your *nix box Ad-Hock using Mobile Hotspot for Wifi

or USBNet (on palm device host file system)
    Code:
    usbnet enable
    or My Tether (Search Google for 'My Tether Free 1.5.1'),

or wireless router,

and Note IP assigned to *nix box from Dhcp server

Start synergy server in foreground on *nix box IN USER ACCOUNT NOT ROOT to debug
    Code:
    synergys -f --config /etc/synergy.conf
    (Very few error messages...easy fixes: Search Google for 'synergy error messages')

Start synergy client in forground on Palm Device
    Code:
    synergyc -f 000.000.000.000
    (fill in the IP of your *nix box as assigned by the Dhcp)

once the client connects to the server, voila...you have the mouse and keyboard available on your Palm WebOS.

Install a Windows Manager in Debian Chroot with apt-get
    Code:
    apt-get install icewm lxde matchbox
    (icewm, lxde, currently experimenting with matchbox)

Setup Debian Chroot for X forwarding...add
    Code:
    mount -o bind /tmp /media/cf/tmp
    to your mounting script

Forward your display
    Code:
    export DISPLAY=:0.0
    Start Windows Manager
    icewm
    Code:
    icewm
    LXDE
    Code:
    lxsession
    Voila...right click...left click...move...resize...minimize...maximize...and best of all...you're full keyboard directly on your palm device (wirelessly or wired)...as long as there's an IP address for the client to reach the server at. Now that you know it works...you can run synergy in the background (without the '-f' option)...meaning it will leave you back at the command line prompt and you can close the terminal window.

It's been a miracle for my ability to play with my fone...one step closer to going with a pure lightweight distro install on my device.

[Edit:]
    I tested it successful with Mobile Hotspot with server on *nix box and client on palm.

Working on USBNet now with My Tether USB Tether with server on Palm and client on *nix box...it seems that the internet will only work one way...from palm to *nix box...as it hijacks my primary wireless connection to the net and assigns my computer an IP through Dhcp...i'm looking for a way around this...hence the inability to share internet from my wireless wlan0 to the wired usb0 with firestarter. Any suggestions on this one?

Also working with QSynergy (a QT GUI for my *nix box)

Installing QT on Debian Chroot to get qmake
    Code:
    apt-get install qt4-dev-tools
    Install make on Debian Chroot
    Code:
    apt-get install make
    download qsynergy-0.9.1.tar.gz from sourceforge to /usr/src of debian chroot

untar
    Code:
    tar jxvf qsynergy-0.9.1.tar.gz
    cd into qsynergy-0.9.1 and run qmake
    Code:
    qmake -o Makefile qsynergy.pro
    make & make install
    Code:
    make
    make install
    (this will take some time...be patient)

run qsynergy from start menu when in windows manager...easy to use server client gui!

Still no luck on the USBNet connection...i think my hardware is at fault...this pre's been damaged by a previous owner...*shrugs*
    Last edited by rendier; 09/09/2010 at 07:42 PM.
    omg I've gotta read that when I'm fully awake so I can do that.

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    on the PC side you can add a second network card.