Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have had a sprint pre since shortly after launch. At first I was not real happy with it but I stuck with it and thanks to the great pre central community I can honestly say I have never been happier with a phone. I use it very hard as my primary business phone as well as my personal phone. I just recently installed uberkernal and that has been amazing.

Just to give an example of how awesome this little phone is:
    I use an old HP TC1100 tablet pc running win 7 to take notes in meetings etc.(works awesome by the way). I use one note to organize myself and sync it with my laptop so they are both up to date.
    I was on a flight to the west coast and had a short 15 min. Layover and had added some important information to one note on my laptop that I desperately needed to sync to my tablet as I would not have time when I landed at my final destination. I fired up the mobile hotspot, connected both my tablet and laptop wirelessly and BOOM all my notes were synced in less than a minute and I was off to my next flight without a worry about getting that done before my meeting

I owe all of that to the great product put out by palm but especially this fantastic community.

Many thanks to all and keep it up!
    the usb function is great for that too.

it would be even better if pre can wirelessly connected to computers as USB drive. Sort of like Zune HD.
    I feel the same way about mine.
    Last edited by RUSH; 09/09/2010 at 09:39 AM.
    I couldn't agree more. I honestly thought I had a great phone as I walked out of the Bell Mobility store for about the first week. Then the month or so of pocket calls,(still hadn't figured out my phone), then the horrible app store that would only allow certain apps(as international billing was unsupported back in February or March) leaving only "free" apps that were borderline embarrassing, (but "at least they were free" people used to always say) which is a complete cop-out in my opinion..... have you seen some of the "free" games now? There's actually a lot of good free apps that don't look like they are on a commodore 64 Very, very happy I made the choice I made, and looking forward to being even MORE(is that possible?) happy
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    My Pre keeps getting worse!! The most recent thing that starting to go is my touch screen. It's getting intermittent. My volume rocker down direction is intermittent. I have two pretty significant cracks on the screen. The USB charger door has fallen off and I got a new one and it still falls out indicating that it's worn down on the inside of port.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    best phone i have ever owned does everything i need it to and in much simpler and intuitive ways
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    best phone I've ever owned.. My 10 month old sprint pre has proved to be very durable and well built. Webos is without a doubt the most intuitive os on the planet, it's ease of use runs circles around that clunky android..
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    it would be even better if pre can wirelessly connected to computers as USB drive. Sort of like Zune HD.
    You sorta can. I always use FTP now to access my USB partition wirelessly. Check out some of the later posts in that thread for creative ways folks are using this.
  9. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    best phone i have ever owned does everything i need it to and in much simpler and intuitive ways
    Concur --- can't wait for the DUECE to arrive~

Love my palm pre plus !! Brag about it everwhere I go !!
    Love my Pre so much that I'm looking to get another one for my fiance. And I'm definitely getting the next webOS phone that comes out as the next generation flagship phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post

That's true!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Pre is a great. Once you get used to the style of its working, other phones feel bland. I tried my hand at Android, and it seemed old fashioned.

However my only gripe is that Palm let their wonderful Palm desktop die. I know one can use Classic, but then the fun of using the UI of Pre goes away. There are syncing options with Palm Desktop, but the features that Palm Desktop provides are missing in Pre, so there is no point in such syncing. I wish Palm had not caused demise of their wonderful desktop.