1.    #1  
    However, I have a few questions before I get it. First of all, I had the Pre back when it first came out (maybe about 5 months or so after it came out). The reason I returned it was because of the sluggishness and horrible battery life (which I will try to counteract by getting a new Seido battery). Has the sluggishness improved some after the numerous updates and what not that Palm has released? I went over to the Android-powered HTC Hero and I just could not handle the sluggishness of the phone, and I think I really need a hardware keyboard. By the way, I'm getting Palm Pre (on Sprint), not Pre Plus.

Thanks
    install uberkernel and select 1 ghz. The speed will be acceptable
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    My Pre Plus (unless you start having more than 20 apps open there's no difference in speed) is pretty snappy, and my batter is decent. That being said, if speed is what you want now there are now tons of options for "safe" overclocking of your device.
    The only way the sluggishness will ease is to overclock with UberKernel and Govnah. It is a must have, especially for the Sprint Palm Pre (minus).
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    install uberkernel and select 1 ghz. The speed will be acceptable
    I already youtubed that and will do, but in terms of stock, still sluggish?

Also, can someone suggest a good battery to get?
    Quote Originally Posted by spatel14 View Post
    I already youtubed that and will do, but in terms of stock, still sluggish?

Also, can someone suggest a good battery to get?
    yeah, stock is still sluggish, you will know when it is running at stock speed like when charging. Also faster animations patch is a good idea. Aso I suggest an app called screen off.
    actually with 1.4.5, it's not that bad. However, most here have been spoiled with OC solutions that it doesn't make sense to keep it stock. I actually played with it stock a couple days after doctoring a week ago and it definitely is much improved from the launch day Pre.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!