1.    #1  
    I have a refurb sprint pre that I have had for about 6 weeks. For the past few days, the screen has randomly stopped working. I have taken the battery out 2-3 times per instance and still does not work. I set it down, come back later and it works. Then it doesnt again. 5-6 times per day.

It has happened a few times in the past and I assumed the pre was froze up. I now realize that it was the touchscreen.( if I use the keyboard only it functions.).

of course I am heavily patched and overclocked. I have taken the uberkernal off and it worked for a bit and then stopped again. So the problem is the same regardless of the uberkernal.

Where to start? WebOs Doctor
    I would doctor just to eliminate anything possibly causing this. Run stock for a couple days see if it happens again.
  3.    #3  
    when the touchscreen freezes up, all I have to do is plug it in to a oem charger and it works for a few minutes and then it stops working again.
    The overclock may very well be causing your problems.
  5.    #5  
    i took the overclock off 2 hours ago and it still does it. webos doctor and then done for the night. thanks for the help
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    This probably isn't your solution but sometimes when my screen starts acting erratic, then I need to wipe the screen with my shirt a few times to "degauss" the screen probably due to static buildup.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.
    Did you end up Dr.ing? did it work?
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  7.    #7  
    I tried to doctor it late last night and gave up. It gave me an error during the dr and it was late. The pre worked normal when I woke up for about 30 mins and then the same thing. I plugged it into oem charger and it came back to life.

I know my screen is clean as. I have wiped it many times with soft cloths. A couple things that could be causing this: I have used my centro battery in this before and I have used my charger from my backbeat headphones to charge it.

When I plug it into the palm charger the problem goes away for a bit. I do have the original palm battery in the palm for the last 2 weeks exclusively. I will not have time to try and doctor the phone again today. I will just have to take my charger to work today.

any other ideas?
    Have you ran any of the interactive tests just to see if they throw an error at ya?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  9.    #9  
    yes i did no problems. of course that was when the screen was working properly.

i am going to try to dr it again but wont be till tomorrow.thanks for the help
    I've found that often just turning the screen off and then back on again will fix the problem whenever that occurs.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  11.    #11  
    that does not work for me. What does work is plug in the power cord. It doesn't even have to be plugged into the wal.