Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I had this happen to me one time when I was opening and closing the photo app a lot. Shutter icon not appearing, then pure grey screen I had to reset my phone to get the camera to work again.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylor View Post
    Ok I don't know why people are getting high and mighty about this...

First of all, I asked in the Music Remix app and people there said that it is indeed a limitation of webOS that the camera cuts out the music, presumably because it has video recording and that overrides your music. Those of you saying your music continues playing, please let me know what music player you use.

Secondly, a high number of replies here are saying 'well I don't have a problem with my camera so clearly it's not a real issue'
    Let me tell you, I use my camera a lot. A lot of the time, it is lovely. It loads fairly quickly. And in those times, I count my blessings, because there are so many times when it takes ages to load. Not just for me, but for my brother as well, and my father.
    It's gotten to the point that we just joke about it, and say "well you can't LET it know that you want to take a picture, you have to trick it into opening it quickly", the same way you say it about printers "don't let it know you're in a hurry or it'll error!".
    It just shouldn't be this way on an otherwise perfectly good modern smartphone.

Oh also, while on vacation last week I did indeed leave the camera app open. It was effective usually, but occasionally it would still just freeze up and I'd have to swipe it away, load it again, wait.

Restarting the phone doesn't help one bit. I've done it a lot.
    See this post from me and the subsequent linked posts within. I can tell you UNEQUIVOCALLY that the camera app (in 1.4.5) works flawless as do ALL of the stock apps. If you are experiencing anything less then optimal performance you have handicapped your phone, it's that simple.

Reading those posts you will see that "poor 3rd party apps and especially poor patches, tweaks, and themes, can slow your phone worse than watered gasoline will your car. Want proof? Doctor your phone clean then take 200 pics, 300, 400, any number you want and it will work flawlessy (we've done it.)

If your camera is behaving that way stock off a doctor than you have a problem, otherwise it's a software conflict and needs to be traced and removed to rectify the problem.
    Yeah, sometimes, it can take a lifetime
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    If you are experiencing anything less then optimal performance you have handicapped your phone, it's that simple.
    First, I would say that Palm handicapped us enough with mediocre hardware and low build quality.

But, let's take the remainder of your argument. If this is all because of patching, homebrew, 3rd party apps etc., then your are completely dissing the majority of the benefits of these devices. Without those, I can assure you the majority of us here at P|C would have dropped webOS like a slimy turd.

As for your statement that all stock apps work flawlessly, yeah right. There are bugs in every piece of software that has ever been written. Perhaps no one has found the test case that will expose the issues that many of us are facing with the camera, but I can assure you that there are problems.

As for going "stock", I have down that and you're right. Just using the camera works great. But how can you explain my sister and cousin who have never patched or homebrewed their Pres and see the same behavior? If it is an app in the App Catalog that is causing the problem to occur, shame on Palm for letting that app into the catalog, or failing to identify the issue.
    i just simply think that every smartphone crash once a while..and with Pre..the Ultimate Multi Tasking, it just happened to happened more than usual..but a cellphone capable of takings great photoes crash a few time is ok..
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I had an issue where I missed a pretty interesting shot.

It wasn't a huge issue that I missed the shot, but (forgetting any political issues) you don't see the president every day - and when all of a sudden you're in the same space as he is, a picture to prove it would have been nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    oh **** off everyone. I have had this problem with my pre MANY TIMES. I know your pain. I don't carry a camera with me everywhere I go. But I do cary my pre. If it can't reliably load up and in a quick time... Someone needs to fix it. Wether it be in a patch or by a palm update.
    WOW no need to snap off and be rude about it you posted it on here there are going to be some posts you do not agree with no need to tell every one to **** off... you may try running it at 800/500 screen states some pres do not like the 1ghz OC and it can causes some issues if you want better help don't be so rude...
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    actually I agree my camera screws up left and right I'm at 1ghz and it my camera/video has more problems than anything else so I understand your frustration
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    i just hate replys to posts like these when ppl say they dont have a problem. we didnt ask if u did. we are looking for solutions, not smart *** comments.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Ditto on my part. I'm at 800 Mhz, and i get the eternal grey screen sometimes.

Anybody with returns on this problem with a webOS 2.0 device? (And by "2", I mean the OS, not the hardware. Hoping we'll get a fix to this with an OS update.)
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  10.    #70  
    Just throwing it out there that I just missed some very nice pictures of a squirrel up against my window because I waited two full minutes - yes I timed it - for the camera app to load.

Overclocking at 1GHz, too.
    What's up with that?

~* I can't believe it's not butter! *~
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Just throwing it out there that I just missed some very nice pictures of a squirrel up against my window because I waited two full minutes - yes I timed it - for the camera app to load.

Overclocking at 1GHz, too.
    What's up with that?
    Don't sweat. I know a good taxidermist. ;-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Never had my camera app take that long to load but I do have issues whenever I get text messages and I'm in the camera app. Does anyone else get that? If I get a text while trying to take a picture, it comes up with the "unable to take picture" error. If Im recording a video and I get a text, it stops recording and I have to reopen it. Those are the only problems I've had with the camera.
    I was trying to snap a picture while driving
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Look at the bright side...at least you didn't kill anyone!
    haha - that's what I was thinking!

My camera also gets stuck sometimes when loading. Seems worse since I've overclocked. Would load fast and clean when stock.
    For those of you that have a camera app that takes forever to load........
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1758042

I have the same issue and this solution works for me

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Just tested my Pre, took 6 seconds at 500mhz and 2 seconds at 1ghz. I have over 83 packages installed. Sounds like something is interferring. I stopped installing themes a long time ago, not sure if that means anything, but got tired of the problems associated with themes back in the early days.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234