Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have the same problem and nothing I have tried has helped so far. I've missed some "kodak moments" because of this and would like to personally thank Palm and Verizon.
    leaving the camera app open doesnt seem to help mine. overclocking to 1Ghz helped for a lil bit, maybe im asking too muc, maybe i use my phone too much. idk. in fact the tech guy @ the verizon store said and i quote " you are probably having these issues because you are using your phone too much". Holy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? and 'these issues' did include the camera app opening slowly. as much as i pay a month (over $200) i expect my junk to work flawlessly (even though i know that cant be expected).
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/08/2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Language - Keep it PG-13 please
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I agree my camera app is really buggy at times too. There are two most frequent problems that I have: 1) The camera opens and displays the image that I would like to take a picture of but there are no buttons to click to actually take the picture, and 2) The camera app opens and it is just a dark gray screen, have to close and reopen the app (which then sometimes exhibits problem #1).

So, while I have never had it take a long time to load, I have had it take a long time until I am ready to actually take a picture.

It's really frustrating when it's problem #1 you mentioned there - it's like, I'm so close! why can't I snap the picture, why!

~* I can't believe it's not butter! *~
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    leaving the camera app open doesnt seem to help mine. overclocking to 1Ghz helped for a lil bit, maybe im asking too muc, maybe i use my phone too much. idk. in fact the tech guy @ the verizon store said and i quote " you are probably having these issues because you are using your phone too much". Holy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? and 'these issues' did include the camera app opening slowly. as much as i pay a month (over $200) i expect my junk to work flawlessly (even though i know that cant be expected).
    I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. They tell you you are "using your phone too much"? That's insane! If it's not meant to be used as a phone, then what on earth was it made for?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/08/2010 at 10:39 PM.

~* I can't believe it's not butter! *~
    I have had the same problem missing shots of my baby girl when an impromptu moment is there.

download preset reset from preware, it might help a bit.
    Last edited by johnj2803; 09/08/2010 at 10:59 PM.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    come on, when have we ever heard anything useful from tech support? my wife says the same though...
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    I know exactly what the OP is talking about. For some reason, the camera app would just take so long to open. Doesn't happen all the time. Other times, it opens in a couple seconds. It happened when my Pre was stock. It also happened when the 800mhz overclock first came out, and it happens now with the 1ghz overclock though not always. It just randomly happens.
    Ok I just checked my husbands (he is with Verizon and I'm with Sprint) and his camera takes about 30 seconds to load. To me this sounds like some other conflicting issue and since I don't know which provider the others who have had problems had there really is no way to determine it because too many factors could be an issue (as stated in a previous post --- not of mine I'm not that techy).

I do use my phone camera for small things but I always (because I and my husband too) are avid ametuer photographers Nikon point and shoot in my pocket for those things I truly want to take.

I didn't see where anyone really was being mean except for one poster (and he directed at all the responses). I do see seem great ideas to help the situation.
    Interesting points here. Like the phone app, the camera app is one that really does need to be available on demand to be truly useful.

In future webOS phones, I would propose preloading the phone and camera apps into a dedicated portion of system memory so they're always available at a moment's notice and not dependent on the current system state (resources, memory swap, other apps). When the app is launched, all that webOS has to do is to "unhide" its card and the phone/camera is ready to use.

Meanwhile, there are obviously some bugs with the camera app (getting stuck with no buttons or a grey screen) that can hopefully get worked out in a future update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylor View Post
    It's really frustrating when it's problem #1 you mentioned there - it's like, I'm so close! why can't I snap the picture, why!
    I ever so occasionally get that happening, but I've also got the "take picture with any key" patch installed so I can press anything and it takes a picture in this state.
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    i just hate replys to posts like these when ppl say they dont have a problem. we didnt ask if u did. we are looking for solutions, not smart *** comments.
    how can one offer solutions to a problem that is foreign and or nonexistent to them?
    by posting "their phone doesn't have this issue" they are telling you it may just be YOUR phone and not carte blanche for all Pre phones. If their is a stick in an unpleasant area it needs removed before proceeding

I've had the same buggy phone issue on my Sprint Pre (overclocked), and I keep maybe 5 photos at any given time resident on the phone. I have even deleted all wallpaper photos (except one) from the phone. There's no rhyme or reason for it, and even if I leave in running in the background it will lock and or not load.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Oh, you want a solution? Get up off some money and buy a real camera, Mr. As-A-Photographer.

There you go. There's your solution. I won't even charge you for that one. See, you're that much closer to owning that camera already!
    So I guess I need to buy a camera, gps device, and keyboard because all 3 of those vital keyboards on my phne don't work as they should.

That isn't a very good solution what-so-ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    So I guess I need to buy a camera, gps device, and keyboard because all 3 of those vital keyboards on my phne don't work as they should.
    Sounds like you should talk to your provider (I assume it is Verizon) to get it fixed then. I know that the GPS with Verizon is an issue because my GPS works 100% fine - husband who is with Verison it is iffy at best.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    If you are a photographer wouldnt you be taking your photographs with, Ummm I dunno... a camera maybe?

I'm a photographer. I have my camera (Pentax K-7) readily available at all times because you never know when you will be presented with a great shot opportunity. And if I were driving I'd pull over as soon as possible to make sure the scene doesnt change and to make sure I dont have to degrade the image quality by shooting through the windshield (in addition to the obvious saftey ramifications...).
    Numerous members have tried to get Verizon and Palm to fix the GPS issue but Verizon says the "are working on it" or "there is no problem" and Palm says "its Verizon's fault".
    Numerous members have tried to get Verizon and Palm to fix the GPS issue but Verizon says the "are working on it" or "there is no problem" and Palm says "its Verizon's fault".
    Sorry but this doesn't sound like it is the phone's fault. I know with Sprint my GPS works and is accurate as my Garmin. Based on my limited techno-knowledge (and I'm a true dummy) and my husband's issues (Verizon) and my non-issues (Sprint) I would say it's probably Verizon's issue.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I understand what the OP is saying, I've had issues at times getting the camera app to boot. Other phones I've used do it with no problems, it's not really that much to ask.

I'm a photographer too, I always have my Nikon D3x with me but there are times when you just want to take a quick pic of something and upload it to facebook. My DSLR is kind of overkill for that.
    Cheers,

Peaty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylor View Post
    Try using the spacebar, without any patch, the space bar acts as shutter control as well. (I know this won't help if your camera truly isn't ready or loading but in cases where the shutter button hasn't rendered yet it may help you catch some, and catch some more quickly)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Hillman View Post
    I ever so occasionally get that happening, but I've also got the "take picture with any key" patch installed so I can press anything and it takes a picture in this state.
    I had that patch, but got annoyed because I would go to close the camera and would take a pic by accident. Since the spacebar works to control the shutter, that is what I normally use....
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    So I guess I need to buy a camera
    Yes. Yes, my photographer friend, as outrageous and paradigm-shattering as it may sound, I am indeed suggesting that you purchase a camera.
    Last edited by Analog; 09/09/2010 at 05:39 PM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast