Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    O, I, H, S, and C are the ones that generally don't show up for me without a second press of the key.

I've also been getting double-typed letters again recently, but none that have really shown a trend... just random double letters.
    I'm on my original plus and my l key hardly ever works. But I just got a brand new pre for my wife yesterday and the keyboard is wicked. I felt like palm had redone it on new versions of the pre or something.
    I have Pre+ and wife has Pixi+, both Verizon.

Last weekend, while I was driving, my wife was responding to texts for me on my Pre+. She was cursing the Pre's keyboard because of missed keystrokes.

I guess I am used to having to press very hard and visually confirm it worked every few strokes. She couldn't believe what a POS the Pre+'s keyboard is compared to the Pixi+.

I tried her Pixi+ later in the day and the difference was night & day. The Pixi+'s keyboard is 100% better...more clicky like the Centro's keyboard was.
  4.    #24  
    I guess I will wait till 1.4.5 comes out to see if keyboard improves.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    So... my "z c b m" and "Return" buttons don't work. Not "I have to press them hard and then they double type" - they just stopped working completely.

I bought it second-hand and it worked flawlessly for two weeks. Then one day those buttons just stopped working after sitting on the Touchstone for the evening. I'm easy on my phones, so it's not me dropping it or whatever.

I noticed that if I "stressed" the keyboard (i.e. bend it as if I'm trying to snap it in half) the buttons would work momentarily, but then nothing.

Eventually I had to install the virtual keyboard homebrew app to use my phone again. I see on eBay replacement keyboards for the Pres, so I may try my luck with trying to install a new keyboard, but if that doesn't work... tear, though I will say it's nice not having to open/close my phone.

I like the WebOS and the overall appearance of the phone, but there are a lot of hardware problems, it seems.

So... anyone know how to replace a keyboard on these?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybertx View Post
    I just had to take a refurb back because all of the screws fell out of the screen over the course of two weeks. It's a shame because otherwise that phone was AWESOME, great keyboard, etc. I just got another refurb and the keyboard SUCKS. Some of the keys just feel mushy as heck but Sprint won't do anything about it because it's not missing keystrokes.
    i have actually posted some pics of the screws falling out of one of my refurbs.. only took 2 days for me.... You have a 50/50 shot of getting a good one.. and i was one of those guys that had a launchday pre for a LONG time and said.. MY phone is perfect... you are crazy... your not. I was and i say take it back and ask for a new one as you have herd the refurbs for Pre's have been very bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by baskinova View Post
    So... my "z c b m" and "Return" buttons don't work. Not "I have to press them hard and then they double type" - they just stopped working completely.

I bought it second-hand and it worked flawlessly for two weeks. Then one day those buttons just stopped working after sitting on the Touchstone for the evening. I'm easy on my phones, so it's not me dropping it or whatever.

I noticed that if I "stressed" the keyboard (i.e. bend it as if I'm trying to snap it in half) the buttons would work momentarily, but then nothing.

Eventually I had to install the virtual keyboard homebrew app to use my phone again. I see on eBay replacement keyboards for the Pres, so I may try my luck with trying to install a new keyboard, but if that doesn't work... tear, though I will say it's nice not having to open/close my phone.

I like the WebOS and the overall appearance of the phone, but there are a lot of hardware problems, it seems.

So... anyone know how to replace a keyboard on these?
    just need some small tools.. there are a few links/tutorials somewhere on how to take the phone apart.
  8.    #28  
    So 1.4.5 doesnt fix the verizon keyboard problem, so sad!
    If this helped you hit thanks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12