1.    #1  
    So I want to install preware onto my phone - but when I plug in my pre to my computer I dont get the "Just Charge" / "USB mode" options it goes directly to just charge
    I have no problem with this besides for installing ipk's.
    Is there any way I could install preware onto my phone without having to connect it to my computer?
    No you have to use an computer to install it. Itt need to be on just charge anyways are you in developer mode?
    just charge is the correct option to install IPKs

make sure your phone is in developer mode (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart)
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  4.    #4  
    ill try that now .. im pretty sure its in developer mode just I'm not sure if I restarted my phone after clicking "on"
    Quote Originally Posted by nadavb1515 View Post
    So I want to install preware onto my phone - but when I plug in my pre to my computer I dont get the "Just Charge" / "USB mode" options it goes directly to just charge
    I have no problem with this besides for installing ipk's.
    Is there any way I could install preware onto my phone without having to connect it to my computer?
    If you unlocked it did you disabled DIAG MODE after (not DEVELP MODE)?
    Type the developer code again to make sure. Webos20090606. Three ways of getting preware: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals. Also make sure palm(usb)driver is enable on your computer, your computer running the latest java 1.6 or later, also check that novacomd is enable too. Note: As stated above Preware can only be install via computer.
    Good luck.
  7.    #7  
    Developer mode is on, but webosquickinstall still says "no device found" and btw my palm doesn't even say "Just Charging" it just say charging and the notification on the bottom goes away - no option to go into usb mode.

Before my cable became corrupted in doing this, i was able to install preLoad - can I install preware through that?
    Have you tried a Novacom reinstall via webOSQI (File>Options)
    Also, while plugged in can you force usb mode by using option+symbol+u
    Nope, the link I posted shows you the only ways of getting preware. Try to put your usb cable into a different port.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHui623 View Post
    Also, while plugged in can you force usb mode by using option+symbol+u
    no i can not
    Are you sure DIAG MODE is off?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    Are you sure DIAG MODE is off?
    how can I check
    Also, have you reset both your phone and your pc and tried again? And what's this you said about your cable becoming corrupted?
  15.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHui623 View Post
    Also, have you reset both your phone and your pc and tried again? And what's this you said about your cable becoming corrupted?
    My cable charges perfectly but like since 3 weeks ago it didn't give me the option for Just Charge/USB Mode.
    It's your cable. I have a cable from Best Buy that does the exact same thing. Try a different cable.

If you haven't put the patch on to make your phone go directly to charge only, and you aren't getting USB mode as an option... it's almost 99% sure to be the cable.

Edit: sorry that's IF you can't force it by sym+orange+u and if you didnt unlock it.
    Last edited by 9KRacing; 09/08/2010 at 04:57 PM.
    Hmm... I'm with jossanaijr, you should look into whether or not you're stuck in DIAG mode. Follow the link above.
    Do you have Internalz installed?
  19.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    It's your cable. I have a cable from Best Buy that does the exact same thing. Try a different cable.

If you haven't put the patch on to make your phone go directly to charge only, and you aren't getting USB mode as an option... it's almost 99% sure to be the cable.
    ure right it is the cable so I have to get a new cable