1.    #1  
    When I send pictures to my mom, sometimes I get a message back saying the file size exceeds what her carrier allows. Is there any way of changing the settings on the phone before I take pictures, or is the only way of making the file size smaller by doing what I'm doing (which is a pain in the ****!), and transferring pics to desktop, changing the file size, then putting back into pre to send as mms or text message? There has to be an easier way to do it. Please help!!
    Are you sending the picture via text messaging to her cell phone? If so, maybe instead try to email them. Can she get email on her phone?

The pictures Pre takes are pretty large and other than editing them on your desktop, which it looks like you are doing, there is really no image editor(yet) on the pre. There is an app for photo affects, but I dont believe it resizes. And there are no settings to change the image size on the Pre either.

Perhaps her email on her cell would have less issue than her carrier allows for texts?

Just a thought

EDIT** ok here is some good news. I see the Photo Affects Plus, for .99 cents DOES now have a resize feature. This may be just what you are looking for..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I agree, sending them via email would be the best option.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    Unfortunately, there is no other way right now. Size do matter when sending pics, and videos on a cell phone. There is a patch that increases the size limit on videos... from 7mb to 25mb. Ps. Even emailing the pics won't work either. The problem is the other person phone subscriber or their phone.
    Emailing pictures does work, I email pictures to myself and others all the time. You should refrain from making those types of statements and misleading others.

5.    #5  
    Thank you for the help and responses. I didn't think there was a way, I just was hoping. Dianehele I will check out that app.
    What you can try is open the photo and resize it to fit your Pre's screen ( effectivly cropping your pic ) and then take a screen shot ( orange/grey + sym + p ). Then email the screen shot.
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Unfortunately, there is no other way right now. Size do matter when sending pics, and videos on a cell phone. There is a patch that increases the size limit on videos... from 7mb to 25mb. Ps. Even emailing the pics won't work either. The problem is the other person phone subscriber or their phone.
    As vza33 already said, email does work. Because it is completely different and has nothing to do with your cell carrier. I use Sprint and they have no control over how large of a file I can send with my gmail.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by blaircraigon View Post
    What you can try is open the photo and resize it to fit your Pre's screen ( effectivly cropping your pic ) and then take a screen shot ( orange/grey + sym + p ). Then email the screen shot.
    Hey! , thats a pretty slick trick, and DOES cut the file size down substantially. I tried it with a Pre taken picture that was 774k and it created a cropped .png picture that was 244k

But the Pre Screen Capture saves in .png format, Im wondering if someone receiving basic email would have easy access to opening that format?
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Hey! , thats a pretty slick trick, and DOES cut the file size down substantially. I tried it with a Pre taken picture that was 774k and it created a cropped .png picture that was 244k

But the Pre Screen Capture saves in .png format, Im wondering if someone receiving basic email would have easy access to opening that format?
    Windows will easily open a .png format just as easily as it opens a .jpg format. No special sw is required.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Misleading, you should refrain from stop saying things you're not 100% sure of. I didn't say pics can't be receive by emails, the thing is if a certain pic can't be receive through messaging, it might not be able to come through emails either.

That's not completely true, not every pics or videos can be sent using emails.
    What you said was:

Even emailing the pics won't work either. The problem is the other person phone subscriber or their phone.
    If that's not what you meant, then you should have said it differently. Anyone reading the above statement would conclude that emailing pics won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    What you said was:

If that's not what you meant, then you should have said it differently. Anyone reading the above statement would conclude that emailing pics won't work.
    You're right, i should have clarify a little better, but that statement was really referring to the size of the pic. Thanks for pointing that out. We're all here lending our time in helping people. There are no professionals here, so we might make a few error now and then.

It's all good though. ;-)
    Last edited by RUSH; 09/25/2010 at 03:44 PM.
    We're all here lending our time in helping people. There are no professionals here, so we might make a few error now and then.

It's all good though. ;-)
    Yep!

" Hey! , thats a pretty slick trick, and DOES cut the file size down substantially. I tried it with a Pre taken picture that was 774k and it created a cropped .png picture that was 244k "
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks DianeHelen, I never thought about this before until
    you asked the original question, but I'll be using this myself from now on.
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by blaircraigon View Post
    I've been doing this for a while. But, what's weird is that its not a problem with all photos. i don't quite understand why the file size can vary so much. And really, you don't even have to "crop" the image. Simply taking a screen shot of the original will reduce the file size. Then, you can text the image and it will send no problem.

FWIW, if anyone seems to be trying to figure out the logic behind this issue, I have Sprint and I have problems sending to Verizon, T-Mobile and Virgin mobile (which is weird because its now Sprint owned)

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Or use an online service and share the link?