1.    #1  
    The warning sound of holding power button is useless and cannot be turned off easily.
    how often are people holding down the power button? Just curious, I don't even know it makes a noise....
    turn ringer switch to vibrate if you want to quickly silence the power prompt sound. Or you can have system sounds muted altogether.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    uh...are you asking a question or providing a tutorial...this is an awkward, AWKWARD post
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure there is a patch for eliminating that sound. I'm not 100% about that, but seems like I saw it while browsing through.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    uh...are you asking a question or providing a tutorial...this is an awkward, AWKWARD post
    Well, I do miss a ? in the title, but when u read the content of the post, a real AWKWARD man cannot understand it is a request or a solution
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by manigault View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is a patch for eliminating that sound. I'm not 100% about that, but seems like I saw it while browsing through.
    Thanks, but I think only a patch to eliminate the dialpad sound could be found in preware.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    how often are people holding down the power button? Just curious, I don't even know it makes a noise....
    I often do it to reset luna or shut down webos to change battery, why do you think all people do not need sth?
    Quote Originally Posted by cmlx View Post
    I often do it to reset luna or shut down webos to change battery, why do you think all people do not need sth?
    sth???

I never said all people, I actually said, "how often are people..."

Which would go nicely with your luna restart and/or battery swap.... how often? I was partially being funny and partially curious how often people are doing it....based on the lack of responses in this thread, I think it must not be that often for the average user.

Personally I usually only luna restart after installing something via Preware, if i need to restart for some reason, it's usually an orng+sym+r. The only time I need to think about battery swapping is when I am away from power for long periods of time (for example took a train to a baseball game, was away from power for 12 hours+ and had a lot of uses for my phone while I was away).
    I have to say that the grammar is very poor in these posts. I can't even follow what most of you are trying to say.

I will offer some help as to what I believe is the main concern of the initial post. There is a Patch in Preware that silences Various Phone Sounds, including the one that is a result of Holding down the power button.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I have to say that the grammar is very poor in these posts. I can't even follow what most of you are trying to say.

I will offer some help as to what I believe is the main concern of the initial post. There is a Patch in Preware that silences Various Phone Sounds, including the one that is a result of Holding down the power button.
    Ironic that the he doesn't know the difference between proper and common nouns.
    Last edited by loserdanny; 09/10/2010 at 09:42 AM.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    sth???

I never said all people, I actually said, "how often are people..."

Which would go nicely with your luna restart and/or battery swap.... how often? I was partially being funny and partially curious how often people are doing it....based on the lack of responses in this thread, I think it must not be that often for the average user.

Personally I usually only luna restart after installing something via Preware, if i need to restart for some reason, it's usually an orng+sym+r. The only time I need to think about battery swapping is when I am away from power for long periods of time (for example took a train to a baseball game, was away from power for 12 hours+ and had a lot of uses for my phone while I was away).
    Sorry for my misunderstanding, since the pre's poor battery performance, I ofter need to change battery, and opt+sym+r does a total reset rather than shut down the device.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post

I will try the patch or make my own patch, thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by cmlx View Post
    Sorry for my misunderstanding, since the pre's poor battery performance, I ofter need to change battery, and opt+sym+r does a total reset rather than shut down the device.
    the org-sym-r was in reference to your luna restart need... Once again I still don't know what STH is, and how bad is your battery life? Unless you are a heavy user or have a bad battery, you should be able to get thru the day.