1.    #1  
    OK I found a website that will add my ESN/MEID to the MetroPCS database, and even set up the new Metro account at the same time for me. Anyway, I've been searching the net for about two hours now looking for the Qualcomm USB drivers, and no luck. I found a few that I thought were it, but they're not working in the Found New Hardware wizard. (I'm using WinXP x32)

Anyway, I've got my Pre in developer mode, I've connected to it with Novaterm and typed the mpt 0d serial command, brought up the Found New Hardware wizard. I know they're probably right under my nose, but I can't find anything.
    Last time I downloaded them, about two or three years ago, it took me forever then too, but unfortunately, the 250GB hard drive I had that, QPST, BitPim, and whatever other hacking tools I was using for my old Motorola, crashed a while back so I can't get to anything that was on it anymore. I had it saved on the Moto's microSD card too, but unfortunately, I no longer have that card (or even if I did, no way to get the data from the card to my PC, since I don't have the phone anymore.)
    first rule of fight club is not to talk about fight club. You also shouldn't create multiple copies of the same thread, like you did here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...b-drivers.html

what do you need modem drivers for? are you just trying to tether? that's what Mobile Hotspot and FreeTether are for.
  3.    #3  
    oops sorry. Firefox beta crashed on me when I hit submit. didn't realize it'd already posted.

Anyway, I need them to connect QPST I believe. I'm trying to get my phone connected to QPST so I can take the next steps in changing my phone over to MetroPCS.

edit: So I found some drivers on this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ering-dun.html

but my computer is telling me it's not finding any drivers for the device in the folder I put them in. Meh, rebooting the Pre now, gonna try reconnecting novaterm
    Last edited by tryp; 09/07/2010 at 11:49 PM.
    I'm in the same boat as you are... I've been searching for 64-bit drivers so QPST can talk with my Pre. I'm rather new to all this, so it's taking a while lol. I'm giving up for the night, but ere are some links that may help you out.

CDMA Gurus

Palm Pre Comprehensive Guide for switching carriers, Please Sticky - PPCGeeks

The first link has a link to drivers you may need (I believe they are the 32-bit drivers). Check out post #3. As I said, I don't really know what I'm talking about here, but this info could possibly be useful to you lol.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, those are the same drivers I found. ANYWAY, I got both drivers working, I had to edit qcser.inf and change the line
    Code:
    %PreDiag01% = QportInstall00, USB\Vid_0830&Pid_8003&Rev_0216&MI_01
    to
    Code:
    %PreDiag01% = QportInstall00, USB\Vid_0830&Pid_8003&Rev_0316&MI_01
    Then I had to edit qcmdm.inf and change
    Code:
    %PreModem% = Modem2, USB\Vid_0830&Pid_8003&Rev_0216&MI_00
    to
    Code:
    %PreModem% = Modem2, USB\Vid_0830&Pid_8003&Rev_0316&MI_00
    and that's working, CDMA Workshop and QPST are both having no trouble connecting.. Now to find that MSL...

EDIT - In order to find the number that I needed to change those lines to, I went to the Device manager (right click My Computer->Device Manager), right-clicked on the Generic Serial, clicked Properties, clicked on the Details tab on the window that pops up, clicked the drop-down box and clicked Hardware ID's. The top number is the one you'll want to use if you have to go about it this way.

I found this at http://www.mobile-files.us/archive/index.php/t-652.html and it worked like a charm.
    Last edited by tryp; 09/08/2010 at 01:27 AM.
  6.    #6  
    OK, got the SPC finally, I'd been using an old version of CDMA Workshop that didn't support the RAM method. 2.7 worked like a charm, even though it's relatively old. now the problem is, although CDMA Workshop is working with this SPC, and so is QPST, for some reason, when I type ##000000# in my phone it tells me invalid SPC.. so I changed it back and still tells me the same thing. meh..more work
    Last edited by tryp; 09/08/2010 at 04:05 AM.
  7.    #7  
    I finally pretty much figured it all out, the phone was still in airplane mode, once I turned the radio back on, ##000000# worked just as it should. Now I pretty much can't go any further till I get service turned on. I think at this point, after messing with all this for about 10 hours+ straight, I can pretty much do anything I want with this thing, from manual activation to cloning another ESN to this thing if I were so inclined. Anyway, once I get it turned on, I'll post up a detailed step by step guide if anybody wants it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tryp View Post
    I finally pretty much figured it all out, the phone was still in airplane mode, once I turned the radio back on, ##000000# worked just as it should. Now I pretty much can't go any further till I get service turned on. I think at this point, after messing with all this for about 10 hours+ straight, I can pretty much do anything I want with this thing, from manual activation to cloning another ESN to this thing if I were so inclined. Anyway, once I get it turned on, I'll post up a detailed step by step guide if anybody wants it.
    Yea, I'm going to need that tutorial lol. This is my first time messing around with QPST and I've just been stumbling my way through lol. Now to go find those 64-bit drivers...
  9.    #9  
    Well, after looking more in detail at Metro's coverage here, I found that I'm in the small area here they don't cover. They cover a mile away in literally all directions, but I get none here. SO, I'm not going to be able to finish the rest of it, it'd be pointless. I talked to the rep at my local Verizon store yesterday (the power was out so I have to go back today) he said he'd put my Sprint Pre on the Verizon prepaid plan, so that'll work out just fine. Though I'm moving back to Houston in a couple weeks, at that point, I'll probably just switch back to Cricket. However, if you have any questions, just ask, I figured out quite a bit spending all night the other night hacking away at my phone.
  10.    #10  
    If you need your SPC, (your address may be different, you just have to scan your memory), I found mine at 00A6:42CE. I used CDMA Workshop 2.7. First you'll want your phone up and connected in passthrough mode, connect with CDMA Workshop by clicking the Connect button. After it connects, click the Read button right next to it. Then you want to click on the Security tab.

Click the drop-down box under SPC and click on Universal, RAM Method
    In the Start address box, you might need to try several ranges, as I've read different addresses in different posts.

The one that worked for me was 00A6:0000 (if that doesn't work, try 00A5:0000 or 00A7:0000) If none of those work, I don't know what to tell you other than google.

Anyway, click the OK button, and it will begin scanning your phone. If it finds your SPC, a box will pop up telling you your SPC. After that, all you have to do is type in your six-digit SPC underneath the drop-down box in the empty field, and click the SPC button, then Send. A dialog will come up telling you your phone has been unlocked.

If you want to change your SPC (most commonly, people seem to use all zeros, guess it's easy to remember anyway), clear the field you typed in your SPC, and type in your new SPC. After that, click your SPC button again, only this time, click Write.

Any other dialogs that may or may not pop up, just click OK through them, and presto. You've set your SPC and more or less unlocked your phone.

Note: I was having a lot of trouble at first, but that turned out to be because I had originally been using CDMA Workshop 2.1, which did not support the RAM method. 2.7 has it, however, and will work fine. (provided you have the full version, I don't know about the demo, I've never tried it.)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea, I'm going to need that tutorial lol. This is my first time messing around with QPST and I've just been stumbling my way through lol. Now to go find those 64-bit drivers...
    Here. Read through this thread. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...s-drivers.html

It looks like it's there, though I can't really test it, as I don't have a 64-bit CPU.