1.    #1  
    I've been using my (Bell Mobility) Pre for almost a year with no problems connecting to my Wireless Home Network. I just noticed when I went to sync to my PC using Chapura that I got an error that my phone was not connected to the wi-fi network. The network is found in the list, but when I go to enter the authentication code, it always fails authentication. So I looked on the Palm web site for an answer and it says to go to Device Info>More>Quick Tests. Lo and behold, the Wifi component failed the test (#25?), and so I did as instructed and clicked Send Results.

So what do I do now? Is this a hardware failure that means the death of my phone for WiFi? Do I call Palm or Bell for an answer, and is there a way to access the results of that Quick Test (a log file somewhere?)?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm running webOS 1.4.5.
    Shut the phone down and turn it back it. It should work when your restart.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Shut the phone down and turn it back it. It should work when your restart.
    Thanks, tried that but no dice. Other devices in the house are connecting fine with same authentication (WEP). I have the phone set to automatically connect to this network, so after restarting it attempts to connect to the same SSID, and then I get the "Association Failed" error each time.

There is also an (unsecured) network accessible from my house and the phone will not connect to that one either (same "association failed" error), and my other wi-fi-enabled devices will work fine.
    I'm having a problem with my Sprint Pre - I can connect to my wifi at work, but not at home. I'm getting a "Wifi 25 error" when I do diagnostics.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I'm having a problem with my Sprint Pre - I can connect to my wifi at work, but not at home. I'm getting a "Wifi 25 error" when I do diagnostics.
    Yup, same here. If you find a solution, please post it here. Thanks.
    I just happened to see this thread:

My wi-fi stopped working a few days ago. Since trying to install the Airave 10 days ago, we've had a bunch of problems. My sons' iTouches and phones could connect and I could connect my PRE, but my wife's Laptop with IE no longer connects (but does connect to a nieghbor's wi-fi--go figure!). Now, with the Airave disconnected and a new one on the way (it never worked), my PRE's wi-fi stopped working.

What's going on here?!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    My wifi wouldn't connect, along with MHS. Just kept searching and searching. Called VZW tech support, they had me do a hard reset, battery pull, etc. Still didn't work so they sent me a replacement unit. I think if the battery pull, and restart doesn't fix it, just call your carrier tech support.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by LHKJohn View Post
    My wifi wouldn't connect, along with MHS. Just kept searching and searching. Called VZW tech support, they had me do a hard reset, battery pull, etc. Still didn't work so they sent me a replacement unit. I think if the battery pull, and restart doesn't fix it, just call your carrier tech support.
    Didn't do a battery pull but did a hard reset and everything else imaginable, so called Bell Mobility and even though I purchased "replacement insurance", they said I still have to send it in for repair. I will go to the store and complain so they give me a brand new unit.

Next question will be how to transfer apps that I purchased/downloaded from App Catalog without having to pay for them again, as well as everything else on the phone. Guy at Bell said he had no idea and I had to call Palm. Unreal, eh?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    I just happened to see this thread:

My wi-fi stopped working a few days ago. Since trying to install the Airave 10 days ago, we've had a bunch of problems. My sons' iTouches and phones could connect and I could connect my PRE, but my wife's Laptop with IE no longer connects (but does connect to a nieghbor's wi-fi--go figure!). Now, with the Airave disconnected and a new one on the way (it never worked), my PRE's wi-fi stopped working.

What's going on here?!
    Well it's very interesting that there are several people experiencing this problem. I wonder if Palm is aware of it, and if so, are they providing any kind of fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by LHKJohn View Post
    The battery pull worked! Thanks for the suggestion!

I had tried just restarting several times, but the battery pull seems to be the solution--let's just hope it lasts once they send me the replacement Airave.
    Quote Originally Posted by andy957 View Post
    Didn't do a battery pull but did a hard reset and everything else imaginable, so called Bell Mobility and even though I purchased "replacement insurance", they said I still have to send it in for repair. I will go to the store and complain so they give me a brand new unit.

Next question will be how to transfer apps that I purchased/downloaded from App Catalog without having to pay for them again, as well as everything else on the phone. Guy at Bell said he had no idea and I had to call Palm. Unreal, eh?
    When you get a new phone you just log into your Palm Profile and it automatically downloads all of the apps you had installed on the other one. Even the paid ones, for free.
    I am having the EXACT problem. I can connect to WiFi at home, but not at work. (I used to be able to connect at work just fine.) Error #25 comes up on quick tests.

Suggestions, Please?