Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Personally I love Palm because I do not have to worry about my device being outdated in 4 months, like with the Android systems. Also, I can always count on HPalm to support with the Homebrew community.

Once WebOS gets better hardware, it will be in its own league, way above Android, but on the same level as ios.

Why is your phone/os special to you?
    Because it has the best operating system available. Better than Android and Iphone.(IMO) A phone that I can't seem to put down. Such an amazing and Phenomenal device.
    i like the amount of customization possible (and encouraged) and the fact that I can doctor back to factory fresh any time I want to. What other phone offers that? We all have to re-install the OS on our PC periodically, and we can also do it on our phone!
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    It's a toy that I can make do whatever I want it to!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I still don't understand what people see in the iphone and ios. Is it just me? I honestly think its nothing special.. Boring.. Dull.. And meh
    Glad you asked! It is allows you to modify your hardware in a way that most other phones can't. I have used Homebrew apps to speed up the phone and other utilities that do tasks automatically. Since HP bought Palm, I am betting that it will remain a small but important player in a large market, appealing to folks who want to modify basic phone functions and make it more responsive and fun to use. There are many games made for webOS if you want to do games on your phone. The Verizon Palm Pre Plus makes me happy because of the Mobile Hotspot that give internet to 5 devices. About same pricing as AT&T and Sprint, but better plan for me. And, Palm/HP is likely to keep updating webOS so that old hardware can do new things. If you only want the phone for a phone, you won't like webOS. But, if you think that your needs can be migrated to handhelds, then webOS is an interesting and enjoyable way to go. It will be on good Ipad competitors early next year as well on new phones.
    I don't need to break through jail to change something I own.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    So...you like stagnant technology?
    I don't think anyone else here would call WebOS stagnant technology. Just look at how much has changed in just the last few months.
    I thought we were more like the 2% milk of operating systems.
    I would love to be able to buy a new device every 2 months so that my tech does not become stagnant, but lets be honest with how fast hardware is changing right now and how many devices are coming out it is impossible. All I ask for is a phone that lasts my contract and is not so old and slow that I cannot stand it. The Pre up to this point has been able to deliver that.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/10/2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: quote deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beantastic View Post
    I would love to be able to buy a new device every 2 months so that my tech does not become stagnant, but lets be honest with how fast hardware is changing right now and how many devices are coming out it is impossible. All I ask for is a phone that lasts my contract and is not so old and slow that I cannot stand it. The Pre up to this point has been able to deliver that.
    +1
    To me it is like all others,a phone.
    however! it is the only phone with such an elegant style.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    The Pre can do all this STOCK. Without "jailbreaking", or bootloader cracking, etc. It also didn't have to be made legal by the courts (in the case of jailbreaking).
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/10/2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: quote deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Because it has the best operating system available. Better than Android and Iphone.(IMO) A phone that I can't seem to put down. Such an amazing and Phenomenal device.
    well said lad.
    Twitter: adamcarter
    WebOS has the most intuitive mobile GUI I've ever used. Most of its design decisions seem very well thought-out. Simple as that.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeBworth View Post
    Personally I love Palm because I do not have to worry about my device being outdated in 4 months, like with the Android systems. Also, I can always count on HPalm to support with the Homebrew community.

Once WebOS gets better hardware, it will be in its own

league, way above Android, but on the same level as ios.

Why is your phone/os special to you?
    I wish I could meld my Palm Pre Plus and my iPhone 4 together. I can't put down either one.
    am I the only one who caught that? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    It's a toy that I can make do whatever I want it to!
    I don't even have to make a joke or snide comment or anything, to each their own with immagination lol
    Three things I like about the Palm Pre:

1. Easy to Modify. No cat and mouse jailbreaking, no soldering, no nonsense.
    2. Best Smartphone on my Network (Sprint.) There is no 4G in my area, so I don't see the point in getting an EVO. I had a Blackberry 8330 for a while, and liked it. The mobile internet features on the phone, however, were lacking.
    3. Open Source Software/Preware. It is difficult to beat free.

As for what makes Palm Pre/WebOS "special," I would have to say the community support and Synergy.
    Quote Originally Posted by timjhenry View Post
    WebOS has the most intuitive mobile GUI I've ever used. Most of its design decisions seem very well thought-out. Simple as that.
    Yep, and alot of oversights can be fixed with patches!
    Sprint Pre - Starfighter Kernel
    because android has google, the phone manufacturer, and the carrier al fking with the OS. Webos is all palm all the time. That's the biggest reason for me. Plus its smooth, functional, looks good, and it works, in addition to what has already been said.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast