Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OK folks... this thread has been cleaned up and all off-topic posts have been deleted. Sorry, but this thread is not about debating one OS against the other. We have a whole forum dedicated to those discussions where you can debate.

This thread is about WHY you think your device and/or webOS is special. Pleeeeeease stay on-topic so we don't have to simply close this thread. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by akumagm View Post
    Three things I like about the Palm Pre:

1. Easy to Modify. No cat and mouse jailbreaking, no soldering, no nonsense.
    2. Best Smartphone on my Network (Verizon.)
    3. Open Source Software/Preware. It is difficult to beat free.

As for what makes Palm Pre/WebOS "special," I would have to say the community support and Synergy.
    Edited to fit me, but otherwise you hit it right on the head. The big thing for me is how customizing your phone both hardware-wise (overclocking, battery tweaking, etc) and software-wise (Preware...need I say more?) is encouraged by the manufacturer!

No being told what to do and not to do with MY PHONE. No telling me that I don't "need" multitasking. I aint no sheep!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    How about 10 reasons:

1) It's a (very powerful) smartphone that fits nicely in my pocket. Still the only one on the market (aside from Pixi) that can do that.
    2) One handed operation
    3) As others have aptly said - the best smartphone UI out there, and I've used Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, and iOS devices extensively (I'm an IT guy).
    4) Another echo: easy customization
    5) Synergy! Synergy! Synergy!
    6) The preware/homebrew community
    7) Better default apps (phone dialer, calendar, contacts, email) than the competition
    8) Sleek hardware design AND sleek software design
    9) I'm not a real big gamer, but better 3d graphics capabilities than most smartphones on the market
    10) F'ing LED flashlight! Yeah it sucks down the batteries, but I never have to worry about carrying a flashlight ever again.
    it simple....slicker, easier, funner (is that a word?) and mine...fixed just the way I want it to be...get me some solid hardware and I can't see needing another device, unless windows 7 phone is as graceful, then I got decisions to make.
    My pre is overclocked to 1 ghz, doubles as a wifi hotspot, can run over 20 apps at once without running out of memory, and I like how the slide out keyboard makes a good grip for watching movies or texting.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    OK folks... this thread has been cleaned up and all off-topic posts have been deleted. Sorry, but this thread is not about debating one OS against the other. We have a whole forum dedicated to those discussions where you can debate.

This thread is about WHY you think your device and/or webOS is special. Pleeeeeease stay on-topic so we don't have to simply close this thread. Thanks!
    Perhaps you should have edited the original post then as well?
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeBworth View Post
    Personally I love Palm because I do not have to worry about my device being outdated in 4 months, like with the Android systems.
    This is funny! I love it because I already got the old tech and there's no sign that Palm/HP is bring out new phone. so I am good for atleast another 6 months til we hear some rumor to worry about upgrading. Hell with bigger screen, or faster cpu or frontal camera or HD camcorder or hdmi output or retina screen or even simple as mic api. Who need these? Right?
    I played with the EVO and now with the Epic, and not for even 1 second did I even consider switching.

As much as we all want new hardware, you just can't beat the simplicity and elegance of WebOS.

I was at Best Buy w/ a friend of mine and we were looking at all the new phones. He kept saying "dude, get the EVO! I don't know why you don't want the EVO". I turned to him, took out my Pre and said "this is why".

I turned my phone on and gave him the end all be all demo; I went from FB, to text to email, to Foursqare to photo dialer.....all with one thumb.

No words came out of his mouth, but his eyes told the story...haha

I did the same thing with my wife (iphone user) earlier and she was like "i wish my phone did that"....then my daughter (10yrs old) said "they should put webos on the iphone"....she's an avid user of both of our phones and knows which OS rules....hehe
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12