1.    #1  
    I've looked everywhere, but I can't find this fantastic thing I saw on someone else's pre. Basically, they had contacts as icons in the launcher so that if you wanted to call, all you had to do was bring up the launcher and tap the person's picture.

I have preware and I looked through every single patch and most applications. I'm not sure its an application because of the way it affects the launcher but then again it doesnt seem like a patch.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

And for all you superstars working on those homebrew apps and patches - you're the tippy tops. Well done.
    In the Contacts app, view the Contact you want to add to the launcher. From the app drop down menu, select "Add To Launcher". Viola.

Or you might be referring to the App "LaunchPoint Speed Dial" which lets you go even further and create specific types of shortcuts. Like one to message, another to call a cellphone, one to send email, etc. It's available in the App Catalog.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/07/2010 at 07:16 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    Wow! While the "Add to Launcher" functionality is pretty good, that LaunchPoint speed dial...can't believe I dont have to add everyone in my family to a MMS when I want to send 'em a picture of our 8 month old daughter. And I can't believe its only $1.

Thanks for not only answering my question but saving me .. goodness, a heck of a lot of time!
    Launch Point needs to be in WebOS 2.0, please or I will be waiting till author makes LaunchPoint compatable with 2.0. Great program
    Quote Originally Posted by slydog43 View Post
    Launch Point needs to be in WebOS 2.0, please or I will be waiting till author makes LaunchPoint compatable with 2.0. Great program
    Since 2.0 doesn't exist on Palm phones, yet....WHY?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    The Launchpoint app combined with the sconix's Homebrew http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-launcher.html is amazing!